Thailand V8 Datsun 620 Build

Lok

Thanks.

when the whole bodywork is done, all welds will be smoothed out and have a glass finish. i got a weak spot for clean looking cars.

Me to! I really enjoyed my 510 wagon. It was still in great shape being original. Can't wait to get some paint on this new 510.

Good luck on the truck, ill be watching your thread.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me to! I really enjoyed my 510 wagon. It was still in great shape being original. Can't wait to get some paint on this new 510.

Good luck on the truck, ill be watching your thread.

i see you have a really nice looking white 620 original in your project as well. nice job and keep it up.

next up for the truck are the wheel arches and the front lip, all steel. will post up once its finished, my plan is to have wheel arches like the 1970's skyline GTR, and a front lip something along the lines of the American ones i've seen. real nice. but i will make it to one piece steel and weld it to the original lower lip.

The wheelarches were a bit too bit and fat to my liking, so as you can see the blue marker marks, it will be thinned up a bit.

the front lower lip will also be pushed in a bit.

so updates on when its done.

P1000710.jpgin the meantime, did a bit of shopping for parts.

just some of them that i took pictures of.

P1000711.jpg

got the front lid bottom lip (sttel strip i borrowed from a friend) get it replicated from chrome steel as the original brand new is really hard to find here.

some more shopiing, got a nice pimp accessory. a pioneer carrozeria sound panel (normally put on the ceiling of vans)

i'll be putting it on the back of the cab and facing the seats.

eight speakers!

datsunsoundsystem1.jpg

its around 85cm long, 25 cm high and 10cm thick.

datsunsoundsystem3.jpg

only 140 Watts, not alot but i got another pair of tweeters for the front. hope its enough for the space of the single cab for some nice music for long journeys.

i love the feaner fiairs! where or how did you do themthumbup1.gif

Thanks, just used a hammer and slowly did the curve bit by bit. took at least 2 days for each wheel. but i am getting them thinned up a bit. so watch out for the new update.

so whilst getting the fender and front lip modified, got a guy similar to my size to sit in and see the balance of weight in the truck.

P1000388.jpg

note the tape measure on the floor with a black strip. thats exactly in the middle.

P1000391.jpg

another pic and the leg room.

P1000393.jpg

P1000394.jpg

Hello

Well or not. ?

When it to Thailand.?

Do not worry about car .

Hello Mr M,

i am ok and well.

i will be back very soon. i know you went to see it already. 555.

i will be back for our next beach trip to rayong. see you soon.

yuh man, if you have a look at my project thread, has plenty of pictures.

yep i see it.

couldn't believe they still do new parts for 30 + yr old cars.

i was told by a Thai Datsun member once that it is such a hit that if anyone can locate a chassis, every single bit of the body parts can be found new.