Thailand V8 Datsun 620 Build

Lok

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sawadee krup lok in muang thai. hey pom phen kon thai duoi. maa bahk pom phen kon thai kee nok. : } toh tee nee in muang nok. hey so I wanted to ask you. will they still charge a big tax if you try to import a datsun into thailand? because datsuns are almost 40 yrs old, so will it still be difficult to import? thanks. la kon nah. bye

Mixed,

nice to know you too,

it would be better off to get a Datsunhere in Thailand than importing it cause there are quite afew available to be found, hence new body parts widely available. so don't even bother with importing one unless its the accessories. and you know how the Thai customs like to imports cause its like a $ sign coming to them.

i'm not thai. i'm hmong.

both my parents grew up in laos/thai and is fluent in laos/thai

according to this site: http://www.asiatradi...hippingcars.htm

you will be spending A LOT of money (2 million baht) for a car that's worth about $2000-4000?

we should meet up for coffee sometime, you are the first hmong i've know. i see and heard of alot of these Datsun workhorses to be aroud the border area between these two coutries. your very lucky. we get most of these from these areas as well.

as for the project cost, well, 2 mln baht is a bit too much. but of course its many many times the cost of the truck itself when i got it, hence the modifications done to it.

so is this website your business that you have?

sorry for the confusion...

the link was just something i searched (google) because the previous poster asked if there was custom and taxes for importing a Datsun into thailand. :cool:

i hope to meet you someday, but unfortunately i do not live in thailand.

though i do wish to visit someday as i still have relatives living there.

keep up the good work and although i am slow on MY part of the dime project, you can look thru my thread as well. :lol:

sorry for the confusion...

the link was just something i searched (google) because the previous poster asked if there was custom and taxes for importing a Datsun into thailand. :cool:

i hope to meet you someday, but unfortunately i do not live in thailand.

though i do wish to visit someday as i still have relatives living there.

keep up the good work and although i am slow on MY part of the dime project, you can look thru my thread as well. :lol:

no probs.

see your thread. very nice as well.

when you have the chance please do keep in contact.

here is the update for the thinning of the front fender flares. (front left side.)

P1000699.jpg

and also the rear fenders done as well both sides. the rear roll bar also welded back after the rear window extension complete.

P1000868.jpg

some red paint to see the angles clearer.

P1000867.jpg

P1000851.jpg

P1000850.jpg

P1000849.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

sorry for disappearing for so long, been busy with business and work.

cars been through the flood crisis without being destroyed.

now color done, engine wiring and engine started with hell alot of work done to the exhaust,

will load the pics up for viewing real soon.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry for disappearing for so long, been busy with business and work.

cars been through the flood crisis without being destroyed.

now color done, engine wiring and engine started with hell alot of work done to the exhaust,

will load the pics up for viewing real soon.

as promised.

image_4.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_1.jpg

image.jpg

the color is bentley grey, a color i really like

the body and engine all wired up now and fired up smoothly.

the exhaust done as well but there's some crackle at high revs, so once its fixed, i'll try to post a vidoe of the sound then.

going to get the meters this weekend, have the brand Autometer in mind.

once all these are done, a final touch up of the dents and color, accessories, bumpers, window tint, etc will be done.

almost 2 years now for this project, can't wait to hit the gas!

cheers for all the anticapitation and following of this thrread guys.

next week will send the car off to get the interior wrapped up.

Hahaha, not just Denver, alot of people here has their eyes fixed on it as well. Gotta put on an alarm when its done so it doesnt get nicked when i park it onthe streets for dinner one day. And also got to get anti theft wheel bolts, this wheel spec is highly sought after in the retro market.

wow that truck is nice.One question though why dose your truck have that bar along the back of the cab over the bed,i saw other trucks from your country with that do you have to have it or is it just your guys style.Also we all would like to hear that thing running can you post a video with it running and revving the motor because we like that over here.looking good.

Mrbigtanker,

The bar is standard factory spec here cause it was used to support long objects such as logs, bamboos, pipes, and even for people to hold on standing at the back. ( this one i think) . If im not wrong, the bar was for the asian market.

As for the sound clip, i got an iphone, how can i get it on this thread? Thanks