Northend Meet

]2eDeYe

I've noticed there are quite a few of us in the area. Any of you local guys want get together for a meet or cruise or something?

What would be a good day? Where would be a good locale? I know a few spots that could work, but figured someone might know a few more.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not a so-called "Northend Guy" but im always up for a Datto meet. Dont really know that area too much so I wont comment on the place. Maybe some time mid February would be good. Lets say Sat. the 19th??

Great Idea! Sat/Sun Work for me and I think the Idea of a cruise would be awesome :) I love meets but we don't go on many cruise's, Driving my Datsun is the best part! (Even though its only a L motor :P ) I did a solo fun run out to lake Roesiger that was nice and curvy :cool:

I'm still interested! I have another co worker that has a 620

That is down for a meet up also!! I have taken bike rides before to anacortes and around to whidbey island, take the ferry back to mukilteo! Few hours if driving but might be fun! There are parks all over in that area! Fort Casey??

Fort Casey??

ooooooo now your talking. :D

We could head across Deception Pass and come back down across the Mukilteo Ferry. Good drive, I lived in Oak Harbor for 10 years, learned to drive on the Island and know the fun roads. Which is pretty much all the offshoots of Hwy 20 outside the bigger towns. :cool:

Im not a so-called "Northend Guy" but im always up for a Datto meet. Dont really know that area too much so I wont comment on the place.

Same here, dunno if I wanna drive the 521 that far maybe if I have my KC and it is ready by then :blink:

Polar Bear Cruise

First Cruise of the Year! Don't Miss it!

What: Polar Bear Cruise

When: Saturday Feb 12 — 9 AM

Where: Meet at the Home Depot off I-5 at exit 253 south of Salem

Duration: About 70 miles on various types of roads (all paved)

For a Whidbey run I think the best meeting spot would be Holiday Market at the Hwy 20/I5 interchange. It moved but it still fairly easy to get to and has a decent parking lot.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7ADFA_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=holiday+market+burlington&fb=1&gl=us&hq=holiday+market+burlington&hnear=holiday+market+burlington&cid=8215575765095888322

Anyone that wants to meet me first could meet up at Smokey Point rest area first.

Ferry is every 1/2 hour and it costs a couple bucks.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/fares/FaresDetail.aspx?tripdate=20110219&departingterm=5&arrivingterm=14

Dave, can you swing the 19th off?

When is a good meet up time? 9 am too early? too late?

dont let me hold back any plans, if I can get it off then I show up, if not, then have a good time. And to be honest I cant do ferries truck is to low. Got caught getting off at Edmonds a few summers ago, tore the shit out of my tranny cross member. And if weather is crap or questionalbe truck stays in garage, trials of having a convertable truck...So make plans and set times and I will go from there....

So it sounds like a few low riders are gonna be in attendance. Lower than me for sure, I think we will use Ft Casey as the turn around point. This way ther won';t be any issues with the ferries and bent chassis. :lol:

I'm planning to take coast roads once we get on the island, for the views and the curves. We can shoot straight back up HWY 20 to head home.

Do we want to do a picnic style, bring your own stuff type lunch at Ft Casey? I can grab a bag of burgers and dogs from costco...?