ZX lug nuts

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

you need mag lugs. Do some googling. I found a site that sold them for 1.99 with the washer a while back, but lost the page.

Thats what I thought, but everyone keeps telling me I need nissan specific lugs. Rock Auto has lugs for like $1.29 a piece or something like that.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

you need mag lugs. Do some googling. I found a site that sold them for 1.99 with the washer a while back, but lost the page.

careful that there not just generic shanked lugs cuz the ZX mags have a specific lug for them.

the right size reg shank will "work" but will damage your wheel.

I went though this same thing a year ago. I'm not sure if all the ZX mags use the same lugs, but the swazi's (turbo) wheels use a rare nut. mic the mag hole and fined a lug to match. mine are .74in or 19mm diameter sort shank lugs. here is a thread that should help.

http://www.wheelcomponents.com

I looked around there, closest thing I could find is possible 5306

Took some measurements, the holes seem to be about .73-.735" on my wheels, and have a depth of about .56" maybe a tad more. Those 5306 lugs are .73 in diameter, and have a .6" depth including the washer, so providing the washer takes up .05" (less than 1/16") it should be ok. and then ugh, $15 for shipping 16 lugs, just place it in a flat rate $5 box through USPS.

I got mine at rockauto.com and payed way to much for them but its all I could fined at the time. here are the specs,( Type Mag Nut / Thread M12-1.25 / Hex Size 21mm / Length 41.58mm / Seat Angle 19.0mm dia. X 13.4mm lg. / Finish Chrome). I think the 5306 should work, they are .5mm smaller around and 2mm longer but I don't think that's enough to worried about. check the wheels hole first make sure its close to 3/4 of an inch. the wheel centering up correctly is dependent on the lug shank fitting snugly into the wheel holes.

Took some measurements, the holes seem to be about .73-.735" on my wheels, and have a depth of about .56" maybe a tad more. Those 5306 lugs are .73 in diameter, and have a .6" depth including the washer, so providing the washer takes up .05" (less than 1/16") it should be ok. and then ugh, $15 for shipping 16 lugs, just place it in a flat rate $5 box through USPS.

might as well order an even 20, its always good to have some spares. and you never know when they will be NLA!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16-TOYOTA-CONVERSION-LUG-NUTS-M12X1-25-12X1-25-DP5005T-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19b5e2ebedQQitemZ110425730029QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

through some reading I have heard that toyota and nissan have the same shank, but usually toyota is 12x1.5. These are 12x1.25 toyota.

Every junkyard I have been to, the cars have the wheels taken off, and I have no idea where the lugs went. All ZX mag wheels have the same lug nuts, both swazi's and 6 spokes. Not steelies if they ever came with those though.

5302 lugs from wheel components work great for the zx wheels. I have them on my goon. it's the only option, trust me I searched for a long time. I broke one the other day taking it off it split in half, But I really cant bitch, cause I was hammering them on with a powerfull impact gun numerous times over the past year or so :hmm: . I recommend them.

5302 lugs from wheel components work great for the zx wheels. I have them on my goon. it's the only option, trust me I searched for a long time. I broke one the other day taking it off it split in half, But I really cant bitch, cause I was hammering them on with a powerfull impact gun numerous times over the past year or so :hmm: . I recommend them.

You sure on 5302 not 5306? They say 7/16 not m12x1.25

You gave specs on the 5306 to have a .6" long shank, and that you wheel only had a hole that was .560". This means that the lug is going to tighten down on the little lip down inside the wheel and not out on the washer where it is supposed to. If you do that you WILL screw up your wheels if not worse by having a wheel fall off.

I searched for a year trying to find a cheap lug that matched the factory specs and failed. I ended up saving my lunch money for a while and ordering a set form Nissan. Even with a shop discount they were WAY too expensive but they fit perfect and I can be confident I won't have any problems. Nothing like the right tool for the job ;)

Later

Joel

You gave specs on the 5306 to have a .6" long shank, and that you wheel only had a hole that was .560". This means that the lug is going to tighten down on the little lip down inside the wheel and not out on the washer where it is supposed to. If you do that you WILL screw up your wheels if not worse by having a wheel fall off.

Yes I did say that, but then you take into account the thickness of the washer. A washer of that size has to be more than .04"

I have no intention on having too long of lug nuts like you are saying, If I go them and they were .01" too long, well they would meet MR. Belt Sander.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16-TOYOTA-CONVERSION-LUG-NUTS-M12X1-25-12X1-25-DP5005T-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19b5e2ebedQQitemZ110425730029QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Look at those! There are dimensions at the bottom. I think those will work. I have heard of MGB guys using toyota (m12x1.50) lugs (same as these in dimensions) on there car to mount zx wheels.

Not sure if this is against new rulz but,,

yellow marked ( with beveled end ) lug in pictures is for toyota supra wheel...other is for 280zx swastika type wheel. The 280zx lug would go in supra wheel but very, very tight and you could rattle supra nut in the zx wheel quite a bit..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ066.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ069.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ070.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ064.jpg

The e-bay lugs are advertised as a tiny bit bigger around ( .005 ) than these STOCK supra ones .........but there you go

and sorry if applicable

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.