Kyusha Kai's '71 510 waGoon

KyushaKai

Means a lot coming from the king of JDM haha. Lmk if your contacts ever come across an extra hatch trim, I'm still searching. Sad face.

Oh, that hatch trim!  I'll ask my friends in Japan for you.  I still have mine; whenever I get around to working on my wagon again I'll drill into the sucker and bolt it in.  Actually it needs more than that, the backup lights are out of place so the holes need to be welded/etc.  But it's no big deal.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been looking for that trim piece, too.

Will it work on a USDM wagon with the license plate lights in the hatch?  I *think* it only works with the light in the bumper.  I've been wrong before..

License plate lights need to go.  

Couple pics that have popped up from the United Royals meets from a couple friends.

11171649745_194bd5a146_z.jpg

11171843473_44132305a0_z.jpg

11171680855_7059e2ef83_z.jpg

11171871843_f37babccba_z.jpg

11171680085_a1158bd5b9_z.jpg11171678265_fe48301767_z.jpg11171651105_fa3a0bdf5f_z.jpg

Also, super random but very cool, is a couple of us got together today to eat lunch with Shinji from Japan who is the owner of the Good Hills Speed RWB Porsche.  Unfortunately, the weather was TERRIBLE today.  We tried to take him up to the local mountain road (Tantalus Drive), but it was pouring so hard, we turned around.

11171797176_0f3aa33d17_z.jpg

• Like 2
  • 7 months later...

Cool man

Curious, are you still rocking that dogleg that was in it, or have you swapped it?

Reason for question...  buddy has a dogleg that got stuck in gear, and he made it come out same as me...  It grinds a bit going into gear now same as that one did.  Just curious if it's still holding up or if you have since swapped it.

14659914831_75f7aa8fbf_z.jpg

Rolled into the first Slammed Sundays put on by Fatlace with the homies.

14663133175_68db237332_z.jpg

Next to my old man's '65 Fastback.

14476679407_488723f443_z.jpg

Night time shoot by my friend.

I'm still rockin' the dogleg. I'll swap the trans when I swap my engine.

Since the last update I did a little bit of body work. Swapped out a rusty rocker with one from FutoFab and shaved some holes. Also I smashed my front lip on a blown out tire on the freeway and it broke into a couple of pieces. I need to stop being lazy and plastic weld it back together.

Got a bunch of parts I'm waiting on and I shipped my engine back to the mainland to Autohero. Idk when either will happen, but I'm in no rush. I'm just enjoying life. The Z bug bit again, so a set of triple Webers should be coming in today.

Damn flickr sucks to attach images now.

• Like 5
  • 1 year later...

Back on the Equip 01's and driven daily.  Everybody calls me crazy cuz I bought a $500 1st gen Honda Odyssey for fishing and it has AC and it's comfy and quiet and stuff but I still take the 510 everyday.  Nothing beats driving a Datsun.

I've got some other projects taking up time and money so the wagon hasn't changed much.  Just maintenance and enjoying the drive.  Thanks for the kind words guys!

• Like 1

Back on the Equip 01's and driven daily.  Everybody calls me crazy cuz I bought a $500 1st gen Honda Odyssey for fishing and it has AC and it's comfy and quiet and stuff but I still take the 510 everyday.  Nothing beats driving a Datsun.

I've got some other projects taking up time and money so the wagon hasn't changed much.  Just maintenance and enjoying the drive.  Thanks for the kind words guys!

Hawaiian let me know about those rear view mirrors. You know the ones I am talking about. PayPal standing by.