Should i buy it?

Eagle_Adam

Should i buy it?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should i buy it?

White 1971 4dr 510

the car is at a local mechanic and the person who asked for the work to be done tried to pass a bad check and never came back for the car. The title is in the mechanics name and he did some work to the car:

* top end overhaul

* dual SU's

* riccaro interior

* suspension work (no details yet)

* New cam

* header

hes asking 3 grand, what do you guys think? No i dont have pic's yet im going to see it after work today. :P

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much.

Mechanics stuck with it. All he's put in is his labor and parts, not likely $3K. Find out what was done and offer based on that. If he want's his money back he'll sell it. Likely only a third of what he wants.

Post pictures.

Yah offer him 2k, go in person and bring 2k cash, If he refuses, leave him your number and go. He WILL call you back.

i did the same thing when i bought my 2 door the guy was wanting 2500 at first then 2800, i came with 1500 and told him if he wants it to call me.. the next day i was pickin up the car.... :D

Guest kamakazi620

changed my vote to NO!

probably was a good check, and he just put a stop payment when he realized he was being bent over

Ow C'mon All he (jock) did was put 2 headgaskets on it!!!!!hahahahahahahahaha

I offered him $1500 for it, and yes it is jock. What does everybody have a beef with him for? I think hes an alright guy, the car was exactly as he described. The rust is minimal, it needs paint, some interior work and bumpers. I didnt bring my camera to work but i have a few pics on my phone so here they are;

IMG00049-20110113-1735.jpg

IMG00048-20110113-1731.jpg

IMG00047-20110113-1731.jpg

I appreciate everyone's input, I just don't understand the animosity towards Jock.

. What does everybody have a beef with him for? I think hes an alright guy,

I just don't understand the animosity towards Jock.

because you havent been around long enough to know hes earned it.

hes earned his rep as being a shyster by doing intentionally shotty work (so you have to come back and have him "fix it",

extremely over charging, selling sub par products, and over all poor business practice.

hes not legit.

FUCK, i really want the car and he called earlier and said he would take 1500 for it. I had planned on buying it and getting it into decent shape so when my bro gets out of the army he has a car to drive and a project he can add his own touch to.

FUCK, i really want the car and he called earlier and said he would take 1500 for it. I had planned on buying it and getting it into decent shape so when my bro gets out of the army he has a car to drive and a project he can add his own touch to.

get the last of everything he did to it, depending on what he touched it might be savable

When i talked to him about this, he said i was getting the car for free and just wanted his parts and labor. there is NO way he put 2500 dollars into that head. A cam and rebuild, 4-500 bucks tops for a basic rebuild plus cam. They are cheap shop, i seriously doubt they did anything more than just a basic rebuild.

if its driveable for $1500, w/a 3mo/3000mi warranty, id buy it.

A cam and rebuild, 4-500 bucks tops for a basic rebuild plus cam.

a new cam would be obvious.

new rockers if he was a quality mechanic.

he probably pulled out a stock cam from another victim and just swapped it