1. 1. should I paint em

• yes
    • no

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would look awesome. I painted mine red, as well as the surface of the rotors that always rust (not the contact point, but between the wheel and pad. I just got caliper paint from Auto Zone, it comes in a spray or brush application. If you are painting them off the car, use the spray, other wise use the brush. I put about 3 coats on, and they look awesome. Its been about a year since I did mine and they still look great. I can take a picture tomorrow if youd like

I think it would look awesome. I painted mine red, as well as the surface of the rotors that always rust (not the contact point, but between the wheel and pad. I just got caliper paint from Auto Zone, it comes in a spray or brush application. If you are painting them off the car, use the spray, other wise use the brush. I put about 3 coats on, and they look awesome. Its been about a year since I did mine and they still look great. I can take a picture tomorrow if youd like

great, this is just the info I needed,look forward to pictures.

Why draw attention to oem, not-very-good brakes? It's like painting drums... :lol:

I'm with thisismatt, clean oe is ok, painted oem.. not so great. I've got a big pet peeve about hot rodding an economy car. All of the civic boys take their economy models, rice it up with a grocery kart wing, big wheels and tires, fake Buick holes, fart can muffler, painted front calipers and rear drums. It just does not make sense on something designed to get 40mpg. Same with the 210, now if you up the power, go 4 wheel disc and subtly can back up the look, I'm all for it.

Do what you think will look good. I think painted calipers look better than oem. Oem calipers rust and show dirt. Yellow will show brake dust and grease, so you just have to keep them clean and they will look good. If you don't like them yellow, you can alwAys paint them silver again.

Don't paint the drums yellow, that is a little overkill I'm my opinion, but again, do what you want.

It's your car, if you want them yellow, then spray away!

But I agree with some of the posters above, OEM brakes- black, maybe silver, or spray a clear coat to fight off rust. Red and yellow belong on aftermarket high dollar brakes, in my opinion.

Black

harder to see the dirt/brake dust

I did the brakes on my tacoma truck "BLACK" The only reason I did it is the rust issue. I did the fronts on my wagon in red. But you can't see em so it's not rice.

I did a four wheel disc brake set up on my Z and did them in red. I freakin hate it. In the next couple of weeks they will be black.

Please don't do your in yellow it will look really lame. If you have to do a color do them in red.

My other thought on this.

Painting yellow to match the car might be bad looking and here is why: It will be difficult to get a yellow that matches your cars finish. Having a yellow that is duller/brighter than the yellow on the car just looks off. Also Whether or not it has shine to it. The reason for red calipers is because of the amazing offset/contrast they give(red calipers look bad on red cars). Paint them something neutral (greys and blacks). It will be nice protection, and it wont distract from the car.

But go ahead and paint them, put your wheels on and drive around for a week. It is your car after all.