Datsun Chairs

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this has been brought up before,but this is a good time for it.

There should be a restriction for new members. They shouldn't be able to post stuff for sale with their first post.

You don't know them,so who's to say they're legit or not. Nothing personal man,but the chairs do look a little homemade. The lettering IS crooked. They don't even match,look at the colors on the seats. They're not the same.

I'm just sayin'... :huh:

its looks photoshopped... :hmm:

That was my first thought.

But the guy does sell a few things on different forums. So, I don't know...

Hello, These are not photoshoped or fake. They are the real deal.. Any questions please ask.

Thanks Richard W contact momys2boys@msn.com

Do you have any more pictures? Close-ups of the lettering, different angles? Anything? In a reasonable amount of time...

IMO don't like the merchandise don't post....yes today I'm being a dush come on dudes don't give new members a hard time. I've got buddies that are into 510s and datsuns that sadly wont come on the best forum ever because of unnecessary comments.

I hope I wasn't rude. I was just interested in getting to the bottom of it. It looks legit to me...now. And I agree, if we give every new member, trying to sell something, a hard time we might end up missing out on sweet deals.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to a few (very few) races in the day and I would say they are period correct for 60s mid 70s. They are perfect for finding your own spot to watch the action. Easy enough to fold up and move and way better than on the wet ground.

• 2 weeks later...

IMO don't like the merchandise don't post....yes today I'm being a dush come on dudes don't give new members a hard time. I've got buddies that are into 510s and datsuns that sadly wont come on the best forum ever because of unnecessary comments.

The mods are working on this SR. Expect changes to price comments and quality comments in the FS section soon! Just hammering out the details.

You guys and your conspiracy theories! :P I vote that these are legit. Look at the wear. Were they made with little quality control? I think yes, but I bet it was made by a licensee back in the 70's. My guess is one is dirtier than the other because the original owner didn't have a girlfriend who wanted to hang out at the races!

Scott the new posting rules are coming. Almost here actually. There will only be room for offers and a few questions. This should will get rid of the non buyers bitching about the price, and with practice cut down on unnecessary questions and useless posts, arguing and flame wars. The intent is to bring sellers and buyers together and with oversight, cut all the crap.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I, personally, like to see old barn and garage treasures. I feel they are genuine. I remember all kinds of stuff at the 70s swapmeets that I went to. LOTS of stuff was bootlegged. Some of You remember bootlegged 8 tracks. I still own a couple. But there were items such as floormats, mudflaps, hats, t-shirts, visors, "stoker's" hats, jackets, stickers and other cool things. I remember quality control for these lower end items being pretty bad. One thing that I remember, and have three different vintage ads from when they were for sale, were the brass belt buckles. I have not seen any of them on here anywhere but I can prove that they were made and sold. Cool treasures from the past!!

I saw a pair of these same chairs on eBay last year from a guy in Australia. I think that these are real. The ones I saw were in better shape and only sold for like $30

Another one of these just showed up on eBay in Australia.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-1980s-DATSUN-PROMO-MINI-FOLD-UP-CHAIR-42CM-/280631354922?pt=AU_Transportation_Collectables&hash=item4156eea62a#ht_500wt_922

I guess this should prove that they are not photoshop'd or iron on letters.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.