SacDatsun Monthly Meet 'n Eat

68Datsun510

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

He goes clubbin in downtown Sac! Faces baby!!

I most likely will not be there, work has me slated for a 2-11pm. 4th weekend, at a grocery store, its pretty much expected. Good news is my girlfriends schedule changed and now she will rejoin us Datsun nuts!!!

Feb 6th – last time I showed up :(because the next day I discovered bearings on both front wheels went bad…explains why it felt like white-knuckle driving coming back from Fairfield four days prior.

So two choices….

1) Bad bearings = buy new bearings and seals, remove hubs, clean, regrease and reinstall = drive and smile with no glee because it’s the same as before

2) Bad bearings = excuse to finally put on the used front coilovers I bought at least nine month prior and the new strut brace I bought over three years ago = raise and lower the car every hour and smile with glee knowing that I can

Second option OF COURSE! Stripping strut tube paint, removing rust, 600-grit sanding rust off spindles, mirror polishing grease seal races on spindles, stripping and repainting coils (what a pain)….strut gland nuts didn’t fit tight – modify….NEW strut bar didn’t fit right – fab up custom bronze bushings and slightly shorten bar, and strip and repaint brackets to a better color…assembly, all various weeknights only in between family time and got the ride rolling on May 10th by coincidence!

I couldn’t make it in June, but I’m coming this time – yeay! Dibbs on fondling the orange 2-door’s hood struts (I need to do mine to negate interference with my strut brace)! Please, orange dime, can I fondle your hood struts?