First post 1973 Datsun 620

GOLSETH

...Not a big fan of Konigs

Me either, but we're talking 6-lug. Not too many cool looking 6-lug wheels for small trucks. Judging by the Regamasters on your Integra, I'm sure to be impressed with you decision. BTW, when I purchased wheels for my pickup, I wanted 6-lug satin black Regs but, since they don't exist, I imported some 6-lug knock offs from yahoo auctions instead. Once I get a knick in one of the lips filled, I'll have them coated.

ht641214-img600x450-12722666259nsbch94339.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so yesterday i bought a stereo and had a friend install it for me (not to fond of wiring especially when there's NO harness!!!) turned out to be a lot simpler than I thought! Just a couple 4" pioneer speakers and a cheap pioneer head unit... Probably picking up a pair of 6x9's a little later. I also ordered a 69 Camaro chin spoiler last night! One question.... Those of you who have painted their grill silver, what paint did you use??? I painted mine last night and I'm not happy with it... I'm thinking about maybe just leaving the headlight bezels silver and then painting the grill black... I'm not sure what I want to do with it but I'm not feeling the all silver grill... Looks really cheap to me.

13bb9666.jpg

Dash cap isn't going to be exactly what you think, there not bad, but there not good either... Looks like a good platform, just need to drop it another foot ;)

I dont really know what to expect for the dash cap... just seemed like the cheapest route to a "new dash." mine is totally screwed! So itll definitely be an improvement! Got my mirrors in last night! they look great, havent had the chance to install them yet... maybe tonight! going to try and "fix" the grill this weekend! theres the later style 620 grill at a junkyard near me in good condish for 30 bucks so i might just pick that up for the time being... i kind of prefer the early model 620 grill more though... looks more classy. Will post pics soon... still waiting on my alternator from autozone!

Tried to put the new alternator on last night after work. The new alternator had a bigger pulley on it so now I need a bigger belt to make it work! Wasted 2 hours on a FRIGGEN alternator and the truck won! Just one of those days when you work hard and just get defeated! Busy over the weekend until Sunday and I'm going to try to work on it then! Got a dash cap, bullet mirrors, and the chin spoiler to install will post pics when I get it all together!

i respect your opinion and taste for trucks but i dont see the point in having something stock height or higher than stock. I have no need for anything high off the ground. Ive had about a dozen vehicles and all of them were lowered within the first week or two of owning them! IMO i think EVERY car and most trucks from the factory need to be lowered! I think everything looks better with an appropriate drop. i guess you could say its an addiciton.

• Like 1

Dude banging 620. Still got the old wheels? Im lookin for new wheels for the 720 and i always thought those would be sick on it

Just posted them in the for sale threads!

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/27680-turbine-wheels-for-sale-6x1397/

And my rear bumper is for sale!

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/27679-620-rear-bumper/

Call or Text me 817 412 1085 if youre interested in the wheels or bumper!

So this weekend was interesting. (Light read for those who are interested)

Friday I got off work and loaded up the Datsun with a new alternator, dash cap, and bullet mirrors.

I jump start the 620 and take it to the Auto Hobby shop on base. I had 2 hours and thought that would be plenty of time to install all these goodies. WRONG! The alternator was NOT cooperating. I spent almost 2 hours trying to make it work but it just wouldnt! The housing on Vatozone's alternator was bigger than my original on. When the alternator was as "lose" as it could be (meaning closest to the block... TOUCHING THE BLOCK) the belt would not fit. I thought the pulleys were a different size but upon inspection i realized the pulleys were the same but the alternator housings were slightly different. I checked and i had the right part number so i thought i must need a bigger belt. So i was defeated and ended up putting the old alternator back on, jump starting it, and driving back to my house. Saturday i was busy with family in LA.

Sunday, I found LYFETAKERS thread selling his Nismo Volk TE37's. Needless to say, i ended up driving to San Diego and picking the wheels up driving from SD all the way back to Edwards AFB, then jump starting my 620 and driving another 40 miles to my friends house to work on the truck. We bought a bigger belt and it was too big!!! So some how after a tug of war with the belt and new alternator for about 30 minutes, with the help of my friend, we managed to get the belt on with the new alternator. It was pretty tight but didnt seem too tight... then i look and realized the pulleys dont line up!!! The alternator and the crank pulley lined up perfect but the fan pulley was at least 1/2 inch in front of the alt and crank pulley! It was dark and freezing and i had a long day so i said fuck it if itll get me back to base (40 miles away) i should be ok. Well she fired right up and i headed home! As soon as i get through the gate the "charge" light came on and moments later the temp started to rise! I managed to make it back to my place without further issue! Popped the hood and the belt just came off... didnt snap! So now im on the hunt for an L16 fan pully.

Anyways, so now i have Volk TE37's, bullet mirrors installed (that are completely worthless... but look pretty cool) and a truck thats overheating due to someone putting an incorrect fan pulley on! Crazy that the belt managed to stay on that long with the old alternator (it wasnt nearly as tight so im sure thats what made it slip)

Anyways, headed to the junkyard today to yank a pulley! Will update soon with new wheels and parts!