First post 1973 Datsun 620

GOLSETH

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha thanks, the pics make it look cleaner than it really is. The truck was originally green, overall the paintjob is ok.

Anyways another update. Today I got a 5 point mirror and a new exhaust tip welded off. (truck had a square rusted tip when I bought it) a friend of mine gave me a stock tip off of a Mach 1 mustang. Looks great! Will be installing the mirror tomorrow.

My 69 Camaro chin spoiler is getting cut and fiberglassed to fit the truck better, I have an amazing idea for a bench seat, and I'm going to get a bed cover soon! Will update soon!

Truck looks amazing. Love the choice of wheels. Ready to see more pictures! Any of the bay?

Thanks! Yea these were THE wheels i had to have for my 620! I'll post some more pics when i get more parts installed. The engine bay needs a LOT of work, just about every corner was cut making this thing run (previous owner) So now im trying to go through it all and unfuck his BS. But she's running now and looking how i envisioned her so im happy so far!

Your 620 looks great, really like the color! I have a few questions about your wheels/ tire combo. What size tires are you running with those Nismo wheels? Still running the drums in front? Are you using any spacers ? Does the wheel/ tire hit the sway bar at full lock?

Im running 225/55's on my TE37's. The wheel dimensions are 16x7 + 39 offset. I had to run a 3mm spacer to clear the drums (backside of the wheel wasnt convex enough to touch wheel to hub, the spokes were hitting the outer part of the drums without the spacers. I also had to grind a little bit of the shock, leaf spring "plate" because the wheels were rubbing)... and yes unfortunately i have drum brakes all around. I will be doing a full disc brake conversion hopefully sooner than later. I did lose a little bit of turn radius in the front but still almost have full lock to lock... not enough to effect my driving.

Thanks for the info. I have the same wheels new in the boxes, that I have never mounted. I did take one of them out to sort of see how they fit, it looked to me to me that a 10-12 mm spacer in the front would take care of the rubbing of the sway bar/ tension rod at full lock. Of course that means longer wheel studs or spacers that have the studs in them. Good info on the rears thou. Thanks again!

Yea youre welcome, let me know if you end up using your BN Nismo TE's on your datto! Personnally i think these are the BEST wheels for 620's. Ive never seen anyone else rock them on a 620 but im really into the "sport truck" look as opposed to minitruckin or lifted. Just a nice stance and sporty wheels. These TE's being Nismo specific and rare made the perfect combo! I absolutely love them! And if i go any lower ill most likely run a slightly different size tire.

I love the look of them and they are really light. The other reason that I wanted them is that I can get a wheel/ tire combo that is close to the diameter of the stock size, I just wish that they where is different offset. I have 14x7 on my truck now with 225/60/14 and the thing really buzzes at highway speed (stiil have a four speed).

Thanks man! Heres the link to the place i bought my tailgate lettering!

http://www.motorsportgraphics.net/servlet/the-ALL/searchpath/3901/start/57/total/153/Categories

Did you paint your front grill? what color type of paint did you use if you did? your grill looks great! mine looks too plasticie!

Thanks for the link. I did not paint this grille. Its el-natural :D I have painted other grilles in the past & I like to use the rustoleum "Fusion" paint. It is for plastics. I like the charcoal myself but they have other colors too. Make sure you clean & degrease it relly good first.

• 1 month later...

Nice truck.

I just got myself a 74 620 and will be looking to do a disc brake conversion, at least on the front for now.

When you get around to doing your brake conversion, I would like to know where and what parts you got for your conversion. any info that you could pass along would be great. or if anyone knows any links to anyone who has already done it. I just want to be sure I get the right parts and install it correctly.

• 2 months later...