u67 head

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, dude, you waited like 2 minutes, impatient much? It's not google, it's a forum, where real people, with real schedules check in sometimes.

First- and I'm sure you've heard it before, search, and read before asking a question for which the answer is very available.

But because you asked, I'll answer because I've got nothing better to do:

Head info:

http://olddatsuns.com/html/tech/head_ID_2.htm

Engine design utility- pick the parts you have or will have, set the combustion chamber volume (I believe 41cc for closed, and 44 for open, and if you don't know the difference between these, you need to do a lot more reading) then you'll come up with an ESTIMATE of compression ratio, and various other info.

http://www.ozdat.com/ozdatonline/enginedesign/

But the short answer is a U67 would be great for a turbo motor, less good, but still fine (depending on displacement) for a non-turbo motor. U67s are not any better or worse (from my knowledge) as far as material, and other factors are concerned.

i have a u67 head and i wanted to know how good r these heads and will it be good enough for a turbo on a l20 block thanks for your help

U-67 heads were used on the '75 to '77 L20B cars and trucks and had a stock compression of 8.5 If you are asking is there a better head for boosting with then no, not really.

Not to jump on the bandwagon, but what's up with people not being able to use simple punctuation and grammar when writing a message? Shit, I must be getting old, but seriously, how lazy have people gotten? Or is it just the whole texting thing?

Actually, I was replying to datto510 since he made light of my annoyance with spelling and grammar. It was pretty funny, sorry you missed it! :P

(And thank goodness I'm in WA, not LA! They'd probably go make me smog my Datsun at a roadside sniffer. Yuck.)

u talkin to me thats why your in washington and im in los angeles

Survival steps on Ratsun

First: Stop being a douche.

Second: Learn some punctuation and read your own post to ensure others will understand it.

Third: Skip over those posts that are not helping you (this one DOES help, it teaches you how to be a human and survive Ratsun).

Fourth: Read and heed those posts that do help and remember to thank those people.

Fifth: Always come with "Oics"

Sixth: Threats get you nowhere and acting on said threats gets you jail.

That is all I can think of. Take care and have a wonderful day.

Survival steps on Ratsun

First: Stop being a douche.

Second: Learn some punctuation and read your own post to ensure others will understand it.

Third: Skip over those posts that are not helping you (this one DOES help, it teaches you how to be a human and survive Ratsun).

Fourth: Read and heed those posts that do help and remember to thank those people.

Fifth: Always come with "Oics"

Sixth: Threats get you nowhere and acting on said threats gets you jail.

That is all I can think of. Take care and have a wonderful day.

x2

ratsun is a relatively easy going place. don't blow it by being a douche.