I raced a Corvette...and won!

Just thought I might add a little humor to this idiots night. I was coming home from Chipotle and this kid, not much older than me was driving a sweet Zr1 Corvette. He kept revving and i thought why not fuck with him. I was driving up to 35mph and stoping there. Cops in this area are everywhere...So on the next light he makes it obvious that he wants to go. z vs vette. I should loose with no problem...But instead I win the race to 35mph and the light on a count of, the idiot popped the clutch, gunned it and utterly lost his transmission and his clutch. You could hear the gears screm before all you heard was a revving motor with no transmission. His dad must be pissed right now!

:lol:

• Like 5
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad he said his Datsun is 500 miles away..... <_< ............ . so I'm thinking 300zx +1 ....... Corvette.. = .. FAIL

FAIL...very true. He never should have even messed with the power of the mighty Z! ;)

The later Corvettes have the tranny mounted to the diff, or the other way round. This leaves a drive shaft between the motor and transmission placing some weight to the rear improving the front/rear weight spread. In the past wheel hop would limit damage to the diff, axles and maybe the drive shaft.

Here's a C6 with catastrophic diff/tranny failure from wheel hop. Most rich Corvette owners don't know any better. "Hello John? Broke the corvette again. Can you put a new tranny thing in by Friday?.......... Yeah... Just DO IT!!!"

52572L.jpg

The later Corvettes have the tranny mounted to the diff, or the other way round. This leaves a drive shaft between the motor and transmission placing some weight to the rear improving the front/rear weight spread. In the past wheel hop would limit damage to the diff, axles and maybe the drive shaft.

Here's a C6 with catastrophic diff/tranny failure from wheel hop. Most rich Corvette owners don't know any better. "Hello John? Broke the corvette again. Can you put a new tranny thing in by Friday?.......... Yeah... Just DO IT!!!"

52572L.jpg

Jesus Christ...I dont know whether I should feel happy or like shit... :mellow:

I bet they already fixed it. License plate cover was from STANFORD ALUMNI, doesn't mean much in truth but a Zr1 with Stanford Alumni should equal money. I would at least speculate but I digress.

• 3 months later...

I don't know if i should be happy or sad lol

my 2002 Z06:

Z06.jpg

it's fast. corsa extreme exhaust is the only mod. prob sitting around 415 HP. btw im not rich either lol. blue book on it is around 20 i think. just over 40,000 miles on it. im really torn. i love the Z06 but i also love the Z's...

maybe i just have something for the letter Z? lol

I don't know if i should be happy or sad lol

my 2002 Z06:

Z06.jpg

it's fast. corsa extreme exhaust is the only mod. prob sitting around 415 HP. btw im not rich either lol. blue book on it is around 20 i think. just over 40,000 miles on it. im really torn. i love the Z06 but i also love the Z's...

maybe i just have something for the letter Z? lol

meh, new vettes just dont do it for me.

there good parts cars, LSx goes great in a Z.

but you see them everywhere and any DB with cash thinks there cool shit driving one.

i dont know if i look cool driving it but i do know it handles great, is fast, is lots of fun and people comment on it all the time.

there nice cars, sure. and the LSx is a good motor, yeah.

but there just so......... generic.

it handles great, is fast, is lots of fun and people comment on it all the time.

Datsuns have all the same qualities ........ .. just more comments, and less power ......... ... and the comments are'nt from gold diggers, teenagers, and old men

My 710 gets more attention from younger women than anyone else ........ :D ...... .... "yes that's it,,, I saw five of these parked outside Starbucks this morning...

... "now if I was driving a 1975 Datsun Station wagon" ......... .. "well sir... .. you'd be a connosuier" .......... :lol:

wow, its nice to know if you have other interests than Datsun people have no problem calling you a douche bag and tell you that you dont know how to drive. and if they have an interest in vette and datsuns what does that make them? just younger douch bags?

i dont believe you guys. maybe your right. i am sure everyone on here is younger than 40 and knows how to drive like Michael Schumacher.

wow, its nice to know if you have other interests than Datsun people have no problem calling you a douche bag and tell you that you dont know how to drive. and if they have an interest in vette and datsuns what does that make them? just younger douch bags?

i dont believe you guys. maybe your right. i am sure everyone on here is younger than 40 and knows how to drive like Michael Schumacher.

Ha Ha that was funny. I freakin love your car. And I'm over 50 (But I can drive.)

I don't have a vette. I would rock a Z06 all day long. Fuck em all. :lol:

All this comming from people that can only afford a Datsun. :rolleyes: