I raced a Corvette...and won!

its nothing to take to heart man, its just a bit of stigma

i feel similar for other car makes over here. its an arrogant thing to think, but when you see a new merc you sorta assume the driver is a bit of a wanker for owning one, or perhaps assume they think they're above you somehow with the way they drive or the things you see em do. if you've got an idea in your head, most of what they do can easily be seen as supporting your little opinion, so its easy to make bad assumptions about em. its usually easily overcome should you actually get to know the person though, but for some smaller minded handomes they cant seem to shake it! (holden/ford, maybe chev/dodge over there i dunno?)

for me with expensive cars its not jealousy, more that i dont like the idea of 'prestige' cars (paying a lot extra for nothing more than an idea, that 'its a merc' or 'its a beamer'), but thats my problem and certainly not the driver of said merc. they could be awesome people, its not their problem or fault people apply usually unfair stereotypes to them

similar perhaps to vettes, if there's a stigma attached to it you've gotta see through anyone who applies that stigma to you, and not take it to heart or feel you've got something to prove to them

for example just cos an obvious few civic owners are ricers who wish they were RWD and talk shit, doesnt mean the other 95% of them are the same

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And i quote...."but you see them everywhere and any DB with cash thinks there cool shit driving one. "

yes, there are plenty of people that are douche bags that drive then and think there hot shit.

I didnt classify you into that group.

my uncle has one, hes not a douche. but he still drives a common generic vette

meh, new vettes just dont do it for me.

there good parts cars, LSx goes great in a Z.

but you see them everywhere and any DB with cash thinks there cool shit driving one.

i agree fully... my brother has a 280z, and a silverado with an engine just like an LS (cast iron instead of alum) they are both fast, his truck is actually faster... we have talked about v8 swaps and always end up with "no.....no,no,no... what would be really bitchin is an RB swap, or a really pissed off 11-1 L28 with too much cam and dual sidedrafts"... you could prob get more power for less money swapping an LS, but it only holds so much cool factor. to the datsun/nissan fan base it just doesnt seem right to only think half the car is cool, and stuff an overproduced engine to make up for the other half... i say keep it in the family

• 2 weeks later...

My dad has a 2004 vette and he drives the piss out of it. I can say when I drove it I found it difficult not to smile like a damn fool (and I am under 40 but closer to 40 than 30). That being said I have also had to pass vettes similar to yours in my '81 Tercel because some DB (maybe the one you were with but certainly not you) has no idea that a vette should be doing the speed limit at least. I like vettes but don't like people driving them like they're a 4 door grocery getter. I think that may have been what they were getting at. Of course not everyone who has one is an idiot some of the owners are actual sport car enthusiasts. It's just like the boneheads who buy Harleys to look cool and have to put training wheels on them or little boys riding crotch rockets with a clear wear pattern down the center of a tire that has never been properly scrubbed edge to edge.... Any way nice vette and congratulations to the winner in the afore mentioned race.

back around summer of 2010. i was in everett on 41st and rucker. i was sitting at a red light at the time was my 76 chevy nova (traded it, worse i dea i have yet to have) this sick and very beautiful elenor rolls up next te me. black tinted windows loud exhuast. i kinda creamed my pants. then the window rolls down and its this kid couldnt be much older than 17, high schooler. most likely driving daddys car. he starts to growl his engine while looking at me. i waited patiently for him to stop. so it was my turn for his eyes to open and hear what he was fucking with. my beater nova with a 350 th400 auto vs this shelby mustang. he does that " lets race" nod. and i shrug ( why the fuck not). you see the opposite interesections lights turn yellow and he maxxes out the rpms on his elenor. i havent even thought about putin my foot in the throttle. 3 seconds to the green light. (keep in mind his engine is still reving really high during the turn lane signal, dumb i know) i kick down to first. i thought to my self. lets see how he jumps off the line.... green is go and all you hear is high rpm and gears snappin. and he goes nowhere. im still there next to him luaghing my ass off. put in third and roast them accross the interesection. i bet daddy was pissed....

another funny story, an unsuspected toyota terecel pulled away from me in the express lanes on 1-5 south at about 140 mph. i was in awe as this tiny car with 5 people in it just pulled away. never under estimat your opponent.

• 1 month later...