I have had a vision

Braden

so last night while i was dreaming i had a vision of a ka24de swap. i got to looking and these engines are readily available around my neck of the woods and i was looking on ebay at parts for these things. some of you have swapped these into your trucks and i was wondering how hard on a scale from 1 to 10 would it be to swap one of these engines, i have wiring experience, engine internals experience, welding/ fab experience, and im super eager to learn and perservere untill the project is done. also i was looking at the top mount turbo manifolds on ebay and i was wondering if anyone has tried one of these? also what about those 600$ turbo kits with the t3/t4 turbo? must be pretty shitty right? my truck is a 77 620. i know this question is vague but you guys get the idea.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

REALLY just motor mounts LOL. ya got oil pan clearence to deal with a tranny mount to deal with motor mounts, drive shaft, clutch plumbing, coolant plumbing, not to mention the million hours of routing wires cutting holes fittings fuel system etc etc. ka swaps or any swaps for that matter are alot more involed to do right than guys on the internet say it is. Time and money is what ya mainly need.

REALLY just motor mounts LOL. ya got oil pan clearence to deal with a tranny mount to deal with motor mounts, drive shaft, clutch plumbing, coolant plumbing, not to mention the million hours of routing wires cutting holes fittings fuel system etc etc. ka swaps or any swaps for that matter are alot more involed to do right than guys on the internet say it is. Time and money is what ya mainly need.

10-4 brother...most swaps dont get done & end up on C-list.

No offense, but you've got diapers to buy. ;)

I built a pretty radical boosted KA and the final tally was $6K (doing 90% of the work myself). And no, you can't get off much cheaper, because cheap stuff breaks. :)

• Like 1

No offense, but you've got diapers to buy. ;)

I built a pretty radical boosted KA and the final tally was $6K (doing 90% of the work myself). And no, you can't get off much cheaper, because cheap stuff breaks. :)

yep, iv egot diapers, turbos, lsd's, baby food, race fuel, and as many datsun parts as i can find to buy!! fuck yeah!!! kids- cant let the little bastards get you down!!!

• Like 1