Cody's Green 69 510 4-door

read what? lol I dont get it.. what are you trying to say to me here cody?

Bad humor i suppose???

"You know nothing really goes good with red interior"

Just pokin fun at your truck, it happens on here :P

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SMall update, yak rack completed, though the wing still needs work.

GEDC2658.jpg

GEDC2676.jpg

And The Big update!

Engine is DONE! HUGE thanks to Matt, (stoffregenmotorsports) for assisting in the build!!

Its in the bed of my truck now, transplanting tomorrow morning!!!

GEDC2687.jpg

GEDC2688.jpg

GEDC2692.jpg

GEDC2695.jpg

GEDC2698.jpg

GEDC2699.jpg

GEDC2700.jpg

GEDC2701.jpg

GEDC2702.jpg

GEDC2703.jpg

GEDC2705.jpg

GEDC2706.jpg

GEDC2707.jpg

GEDC2708.jpg

GEDC2709.jpg

GEDC2710.jpg

As you can see by the oil pan, Matts a prankster, hahahahah its all good though, i have an odd sense of humor. =) THen i figured the valve cover looks like shit so i did a match job with Cat yellow!!!

When I installed my other head with Cam in my 521 I notice my 32/36 would cut out in the top end. WHAT IS THE CAM SPEC?????????????

I swap the cam position and still didnt help thinking maybe I was off a tooth when I swap my head gasket.

Well fint out the carb was jetted to small. so instead of fucking with tearing apart the carb it was EZer to install my 38/38 and runs good all the way up to the topend.

Also your distributor. Is that a Pertronix your using? If so you should run a Ballast resisitor or a higher ohm coil. as the pertronix could pop. I cant tell how you got it hooked up or what ohm value is your coil.

As maybe run new wires and make it longer and tape it up and route it along the back by the headlamp under the water jug to the coil to make it cleaner looking.

Specicic cam specs are unknown, its one of the more rare grinds Rebello uses, called a Cal-Cams 27D, a mild cam in dual carb setups, but is fairly aggressive when used on a single carb. THis setup ran perfectly beforehand, if not a tad rich.

Im still in the process of cleaning everything up. Dizzy setup is an oddball, its a Nissan EI setup. From a 1980 200sx! No blackbox! The original builder of this engine did some machining to the original single 510 distributor and managed to crap the EI guts inside it. And whoever it was, created a spacer 'base' for the dizzy cap that works perfectly.

I hate when Rebello does this.dont say lift and duriation. Esp if you pay good money I want to know.

Why dont they just list the specs on the cam grind.

Don Potter( L motor engine builder) did this also. says its a secret grind.He said he had a cam with SU carbs that could beat Vtec Hondas. I didnt believe him.

Long as the dizzy works for you and has worked before I will assume its a match with dizzy and coil.

I would 'blame' the shop. I bought the engine from a friend, it was an old 'floor sweep' engine, an engine made up of various left overs.

Another friend who used to work for them in the past assisted in the rebuild, Rebello Racing did the headwork. I didnt buy anything direct from them, they just built me a head with the supplied parts. ANd im not too concerned about specs. I know i like it.

Dizzy is paired with a 280ZX 'blue dot' coil.

..."I didnt buy anything direct from them, they just built me a head with the supplied parts. ANd im not too concerned about specs. I know i like it"....

What size of lash pads did you supply them with.....or....any idea on what they used?

Sounds good.... :)

Was thinking if we knew the size they used, we 'laymen' could determine max lash pad size utilized before any changes in valve retainers???

There are various opinions ...theories on this.

.150 in a stock retainer is acceptable.

.160 is okay, but is suspect????

.170 is 'accepted' with a stock revving engine....with tight lash clearances...but.....roll the dice..... :D

That is based on stock valves....new valves will probably increase lash pad height above retainer and yet reduce size of pad needed.

I think......moar research.... :blink:.... :D

There are various opinions ...theories on this.

.150 in a stock retainer is acceptable.

.160 is okay, but is suspect????

.170 is 'accepted' with a stock revving engine....with tight lash clearances...but.....roll the dice..... :D

That is based on stock valves....new valves will probably increase lash pad height above retainer and yet reduce size of pad needed.

I would think that if you have lash pads falling out you are either over-revving the engine or the valve springs are too soft. Either way, valve float is what would spit them out. That is why you run stiffer springs. And the valve height is determined by the valve seat grind. Assuming your valves are within spec a custom (or good) valve job is critical to valve geometry. These are things a professional or seasoned engine builder takes for granted as common knowledge.

Cody spent the money for Rebello to build the head so there is no question of it's reliability. Money well spent.

I would think that if you have lash pads falling out you are either over-revving the engine or the valve springs are too soft. Either way, valve float is what would spit them out. That is why you run stiffer springs. And the valve height is determined by the valve seat grind. Assuming your valves are within spec a custom (or good) valve job is critical to valve geometry. These are things a professional or seasoned engine builder takes for granted as common knowledge.

Cody spent the money for Rebello to build the head so there is no question of it's reliability. Money well spent.

'I' don't have any lash pads falling out....yet.... :D ...and I'm not questioning the integrity of Codys head.

I'm building a head myself as we 'speak'...assembling the top end that is, and just trying to gain as much knowledge as possible.

I have new springs, .150-.180 retainers and various thickness lash pads coming from Nissanparts.cc.

My only 'query' at this point is when the taller retainers come into play,....being that they are available and used.

Its aliiiiiiiiiiiive!!! Took a bit to get gas to the carb, but it runs! And is in serious need of carb tuning! hahaha, did the initial breakin ritual, now off to go put some miles on it!

But when i did go to drive, i kept hearing a driveline clank. Looked underneath, how the HELL does this happen? THe exhaust just raised up???

GEDC2774.jpg

Now for some other OICS

GEDC2766.jpg

GEDC2770.jpg

i kept hearing a driveline clank. Looked underneath, how the HELL does this happen? THe exhaust just raised up???

Is there any extra weight in the trunk??? .. or is it from all the extra torque?.. . .. Nice pics!!!! ....... :D

...... .. are we gonna see this beast at the next Pizza meet????

Extra torque? HA! THis thing is an 1860cc engine, thats not broken in, with the wrong rear end gears. Torquey isnt how id put it :P

I think the pipe shifted when i installed the cherry bomb resonator. (NOT driving 620 miles with a bees nest muffler...)

Runs, drives good, a little tricky to take off...still getting un-used to a KA24 in the truck lol

Will DEFINITELY be at the next meet!!!