Cody's Green 69 510 4-door

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'I' don't have any lash pads falling out....yet.... :D ...and I'm not questioning the integrity of Codys head.

I'm building a head myself as we 'speak'...assembling the top end that is, and just trying to gain as much knowledge as possible.

I have new springs, .150-.180 retainers and various thickness lash pads coming from Nissanparts.cc.

My only 'query' at this point is when the taller retainers come into play,....being that they are available and used.

Taller retainers are not necessarily going to keep your valvetrain in tact. If you caught my drift in the last reply about valvetrain, your springs keep the valvetrain together. Too soft or too hard = no bueno. Maybe you should spend the money to have someone set your valve height and geometry, then build the head yourself. It would be the best way to save money but still have a stable setup.

Matt, I pull the caliper off and hang high using wire to bleed with a c-clamp holding the piston in. PITA, yes, but how often do you bleed, ya know? p=)

vdub

the stripe looks old enough to be a dealer installed deal. ANd i like it. Its something ya dont see on too many 510s.

Also, my wiring isnt the "prettiest" but guess what, everything is fused, works properly, and has never given any trouble. Thanks for the thoughts though.

Now, on to this endless retainer issue, while Banzai's reputation on here is nearly unquestionable, there are infinite ways, opinions, and methods to building engines. Banzai, Matt has enough engines under his belt, and the shop he worked for to definitely know what works and what doesnt. I have over 500 miles on this engine without so much as a sputter.

As i said before though, everyone has a way that works for them.

So lets NOT get into a text-brawl over lash pads...

Come on, dont matter what method was used, it RUNS! ANd thats the goal for ALL datsuns! TO be DRIVEN!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Installed power steering today. AKA OG Datsun wheel :cool:

GEDC3075.jpg

Test fit roof rack with Canby crap.

GEDC3076.jpg

Close up of the ambers ;)

GEDC3083.jpg

And installed twist in spring jacks so mu car doesnt philcas1987 on the way up north with all my trip crap.

GEDC3088.jpg

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Shit you know Jeremy too? Heres an oddity for ya, I am dating Steves niece, aka, Jeremy's daughter. So i have some 'family' authority now. Bahahahahha!!!

I met him(at least I think its the same bro) he was just recent out of the lockup, the year we were at the family home...

keep it in the family, related to stevers now :unsure: :cool:

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Well Steves car IS running again. So, money problems aside he haz NO EXCUSES!!!

Then shove him in his trunk..

and good to go :blink: :lol:

We own datsuns, none of us are made of mohney :lol: