my 1970 datsun 510 2dr 78k all original project

max121

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your are going to buy a transmission you should get a 5 speed! Cool car though man. Put a ka in it!

what cars can i get a 5 speed from? (might be on a thread somewhere)

was gonna head to pull a part tomorrow

or if its z car there is a shop nearby that all they do is z cars

z specialties

pretty cool place about 100 z cars in the parking lot

rusty floor repair  pictures
5225792168_8f37d7bd36_z.jpg
5225794024_3df26141e8_z.jpg
5225200151_fe9cdd83b4_z.jpg
progress so far working at night after work just fitting the pan prob finish tomorrow then finish fitting driver side
had earplugs in and kept hearing screaching i thought it was neighbor's, i stood up and got buzzed my an owl angry.gif

i searched other threads i cant really see how other builds did it. but along the rail where the floor was attached, should i use angle iron to give it strength or bend the edge of my patch panel up?? just its my first time doing this and i wana make it right the first time

thx for all the help

i found a cold rolled 1x1 angle made from 18 Gage so it matches the thickness of the donor floor. :)

what do i use to prime the floor after im done? i looked at undercoating but it didn't say it would work for floors.

that benjamin moore iron clad i called and checked its 65 a gallon and i don't need a whole gallon

might have to go half and half with my brother for his 70 chevelle. or is there another product that works as good?

What are You going to do with the automatic transmission and all of the linkage?

steroid620@yahoo.com

the linkage is froze up. i think the trans is ok i might have to use it because of my size 16 feet might be to big for clutch assembly but if i dont ill let ya know

anyone know what wheels are on my car? im pretty sure there stock but i dont know the name and id like to find hubcaps to replace my missing one.

i know the one oddball is off a corvair...

i have all 4 rims but one is missing hubcap and the rest are a bit dented, id like to restore them

5240187745_4241eb95e2_b.jpg

the 1st pic of this car i got from seller:D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey i wish i knew you needed Iron clad, it's $50 a gallon here but i have a gl of white iron clad i would of gave you. Looks good, keep it coming

thx again for the trunk pan, i work at a paint store and got a discount thx tho i am now getting back into the build since the weather has gotten warmer for the moment

gonna try and pickle the motor for a couple days in diesel to see if i can free it up after it siezed from sitting :unsure:i know top end moves freely

updates soon with pics

well i have tryed alot of different rust cutters to try and free up my seized motor and no luck

marvels mystery oil

sea foam

pb blaster

napa rust gel

diesel

i might have to take the head off and treat it there but idk if its this stuck would it be worth saving :(

so i might be looking for engine and trans

• 2 months later...

finally it stopped raining in washington so i scrambled home to start working on the datsun :)

had to cut out the whole drivers side floor... today i got the rust cut out and started fitting the replacement floor, it was cut a little small along the frame rail so im going to cut and fit pieces to make it fit correctly

5615179656_b02c865f33_z.jpg

5615180832_be5cb6bf03_z.jpg

So nice to be working on the datsun again