Convertible Kit?

slodat

Where do I get a convertible top kit for my 620? I've always wanted a topless mini, and well, the sunshine today inspired me to take the angle grinder to the truck... Once I get the little kit thing.

1lo? Anyone?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm talking about the type of thing 1lo620 has on his blue show truck. It's a seal kit. I remember them being in the Mini truck magazines in the 80's. Can't seem to figure out where to find one..

go to http://www.truckn.com this is AIM industires out of Arizona. they have them in stock $399 it is a full kit to make yours a hard top vert. All it takes is a afternoon a sawsall and power screwdriver. They also have a soft top kit, it consist of the top and a collapsable frame kit. they run about $699 they look pretty cool...Well good luck and runnin topless is the only way to go :D :D

Ill actually be cutting my top off & making it a hardtop convertable very soon. Im using a replacement roof seeing as mine has that unwanted sunroof & is full of bondo. Ill be welding in plates & brackets so it'll bolt back on easily. I may use some VW cabrio latches for the windshield part & L brackets for behind the seats.

ill be welding in the gap you see & it will overlap the exisiting part above the windshield...

cutroof11-20.jpg

The AIM kits are easier to install obviously but i prefer to make it appear to look more permanent.

2eDeYe;3837']I want to install one of these on my kingcab eventually...

streetbeatcustoms_1937_561810927

:cool:

Pac... I'm looking forward to seeing yours when it's finished

oooowwww I like that :D

Back in the mid 80's a friend of mine had a nissan truck with both removable hard top and a retractable soft top. The soft top was a Ratical brand frame kit and it was covered in tan Harrtz canvas (like Mercedes uses). Anyways be sure if you do a detachable hard top to use GOOD latches cause I knew another guy who had one and it was blown off when he passed an 18wheeler going the opposite way on a two lane road and his windows were down.

Hainz's 510 is a convetilbe top..I am not sure he has a top for it but it is a vert top on a 510...

That car is a roadster if anything - no top. There is no "convertable" 510 from the factory, that I'm rather certain on. His car is a heavily modified 4 door sedan with no top.

• 10 months later...