For those who are running Su's on the 620

For who ever is running the Su carb setup on their 620, I have some questions. First, are you running a 720 cable setup? And second, how are you running( the route) the manual choke cable into the cab. And where are you mounting the lever?

Thanks

larry

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For who ever is running the Su carb setup on their 620, I have some questions. First, are you running a 720 cable setup? And second, how are you running( the route) the manual choke cable into the cab. And where are you mounting the lever?

Thanks

larry

Larry im running the stock 620 throttle cable & its mounted to a Roadster part that I modified.

oiekon.jpg

For the manual choke I used a 620 hood release cable. The handle mounts to the kick panel right below the dash.

5-26-09newbooster2.jpg

Nope, The stock 620 cable works on mine but my set up was installed in 76 when the truck was new and you could still buy the correct linkage probably and not cobble it together like today. I'll get a pic when it warms up a bit outside and post it.

Paul

Thanks

larry

Nope, The stock 620 cable works on mine but my set up was installed in 76 when the truck was new and you could still buy the correct linkage probably and not cobble it together like today. I'll get a pic when it warms up a bit outside and post it.

Paul

NISMO sold a kit to use the SS SU's with the 620 cable.

linkage kit #2 99996-T1111 to be used with the linkage kit #1 99996-T1110

but sadly they are long time NLA

Skib,

That is probably the one that is on my truck. The parts were bought new from Datsun Competition when they installed it on my truck in 76. Wonder how hard it would be to relicate it and how many would actually want it. I need to disassemble the carbs before I light it off again from it hiatus of 14 years. I can take some better pics and measurements and such when I do get ready to do that. I have no idea where the choke cable assy came from however.

*edit*

Larry: I was looking at your pics. On mine, the fuel lines come of the back of the floats and tie into a t at the rear carb by the head and then go to the fuel line on the firewall. The long lines you have being sent towards to front of the motor are actually vents on mine and come off the top and then just dive down and terminate there into atmosphere. (I can get more pics if need be. Just let me know)

Paul

Choke cable assembly in cab:

DSC_0275.jpg

Choke cables sit off the hood release bracket.

DSC_0283.jpg

Various linkage pics:

DSC_0277-1.jpg

DSC_0279-1.jpg

DSC_0281-1.jpg

NISMO sold a kit to use the SS SU's with the 620 cable.

linkage kit #2 99996-T1111 to be used with the linkage kit #1 99996-T1110

but sadly they are long time NLA

Thanks for the pictures. I would of never of thought of mounting the choke on the hood release.

When I bought the Su's from Zeed(nwde) he showed me how he had fuel/vent/return line connected

p_023.jpg

I do have the double choke cables. I just cant get my stock throttle cable to reach

My linkage is not stock

Larry

well my throttle cable broke............. again <_<

so Im trying to so all the engineering to get the 510 linkage to fit in one night..... instead of this weekend like I planned <_<

its a really tight fit but the linkage in the engine bay is worked out and the rod that goes from the firewall to the carbs needs to be shortened about an inch if you want to be strait on

su-linkage.jpg

(pic for example)

but Im still working out how Im going to get the pedal to fit in a place that will work inside but still be able to come out in a place to reach the linkage.

That's pretty much it on the lines. I don't think mine runs a return though, I'll have to look (self regulated electric pump) and since I don't have a charcoal canister there's no lines from the vents foward. My truck has a aftermarket (Datsun Comp?) 20 gallon tank in it and that changed my setup a little from most. Yeah, having the correct linkage would be a blessing! I've never had any problems with it what so ever.

Paul

Thanks for the pictures. I would of never of thought of mounting the choke on the hood release.

When I bought the Su's from Zeed(nwde) he showed me how he had fuel/vent/return line connected

p_023.jpg

I do have the double choke cables. I just cant get my stock throttle cable to reach

My linkage is not stock

Larry

LOL! I know. It works flawlessly. I sure wish I knew what it came out of. I was just looking at it and noticed after all these years that the choke words are up side down so I don't think it's a Datsun Comp piece.

Paul

Larry try one from a 720. They bolt to the firewall slightly different but are miles longer to reach the 720 carb on the pass side. I have one in my 620 and it fits the gas peddle.

This....

DSC_0275.jpg

... is pure sex

I wont be running a char canister either. Im just going to hook them up to the line going back to the fuel tank which was hooked to the canister. Im going to have to make a custom bracket for the throttle cable,something like pac's running

Larry

Here's the 710 set up. The rod coming out to the carb(s) is adjustable in length, like a collapsible steering column.

automaticvacuumline001Large.jpg

ya the 510 is like the Z one and just one solid rod, Im just going to cut it down and re weld it. along with some of the ball end rods.

well my throttle cable broke............. again <_<

so Im trying to so all the engineering to get the 510 linkage to fit in one night..... instead of this weekend like I planned <_<

its a really tight fit but the linkage in the engine bay is worked out and the rod that goes from the firewall to the carbs needs to be shortened about an inch if you want to be strait on

su-linkage.jpg

(pic for example)

but Im still working out how Im going to get the pedal to fit in a place that will work inside but still be able to come out in a place to reach the linkage.

You are having the same problem I had...

I moved that whole assembly over one screw hole (towards the passenger side) in order for the linkage to align directly with the carbs....and I drilled a new hole for mounting.

100_1825.jpg

(Top of the pic) I also installed the socket ends with the Mercedes linkage I described. I now get full pedal travel with 100% open throttle (old linkage gave me 75-80%, at best)