Project BASTARD!!!!!

we bought a gasket kit and it came with 2 different gaskets i assumed it was a truck gasket and someone else posted up the same gasket once before. icehouse house said it can be made to work but the pan hits the girdle. ohh well its kinda late now steering is close to being done.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well we finally got a shifter. for the tranny clutch hooked up and bled. Speedo gear swapped to a manual one. I made my own drive shaft Too! between a nissan yoke and a yota shaft. And god damn is it damn near perfect! I got a touch of vibration about 80mph and I'm not even sure that was from the drive shaft. first test drive of the truck and the goddamn clutch slips :angry: :angry: :angry: I looked at the disc before we put the powertrain in too! I'm pretty sure the pressure plate is weak, But heres a pic next to my goon in the dark with 2 ka's running!

DSC00512.jpg

My driveshaft

2010-11-27222530.jpg

Update: the clutch is getting sidelined till we figure out whats wrong with the trannysad.gif. whines and sounds like piss until you push the clutch in. dont know if its the pilot bushing or the input shaft bearing or the tranny is just shot, dont think its the throwout bearing since it makes the noise with tranny engaged when the throwout should just be sitting there, but im not a expert and could be completely wrong lollaugh.gif.

Packing it with grease seems odd man, wouldn't that sling shit all over the clutch? I've driven the truck a few times now I'm pretty convinced their is some bad bearings and some banged up syncros in the trans cause it won't make a noise in 4th gear which is a direct drive 1.1 ratio

Not if you pack it and then wipe it down.

I've been running the same throwout in my CJ5 for 3 clutches because the ones they sell in the kit aren't even the correct ones. I just repack it wipe it down and install, no problem. The last new one I installed in my G35 without greasing makes noise till it get's warmed up.

That's what we get for moving manufacturing to china :unsure:

2eDeYe' date='09 December 2010 - 12:44 PM' timestamp='1291927499' post='389655']

Not if you pack it and then wipe it down.

I've been running the same throwout in my CJ5 for 3 clutches because the ones they sell in the kit aren't even the correct ones. I just repack it wipe it down and install, no problem. The last new one I installed in my G35 without greasing makes noise till it get's warmed up.

That's what we get for moving manufacturing to china :unsure:

Oh man dude, dont get me started on my china rant! jesus christ seriously packing grease into the throw out seems crazy! Well either way ive had fucked up throwout bearings, and Ive had bad transmissions. This trans has been hammered on I'm sure some kid owned the car. the motor runs pretty amazing though so cant complain to much.

• 3 weeks later...