Project BASTARD!!!!!

So this is my brothers little truck. We came to the conclusion that neither one of us like toyota engines. So after a few weeks searching we bought a Sohc 12v ka24e and trans from a 240sx. brought it home, tore it down replaced timing chain etc etc etc. Now it comes time for the swap, lots of work, and I don't know what trouble will come. since I've done the swap in my wagooon I at least have a book to guide me in certain aspects of this swap (just not in a toyota truck) So here's a few pics of the truck and us starting to yank the engine and trans. more pics to come this weekend.

DSC00410.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

DSC00417.jpg

DSC00413.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

get er done... I will be there in like a month and want to drive that thing....or have your bro give me a ride :P should be plenty of time LOL

Oh ya like the ratchet strap on the freezer, wonder how that happened :lol:

get er done... I will be there in like a month and want to drive that thing....or have your bro give me a ride :P should be plenty of time LOL

Oh ya like the ratchet strap on the freezer, wonder how that happened :lol:

Well if ya would of been more of a man you coulda jumped in front of my run away goon and been a hero and saved the fridgidare!

haha man me and a buddy are planning this same swap in his 77!!! except with a ka24de, possibly forced induction :) take lots of pictures, we might be starting this winter.

Rad! I plan to take pics but like always I get rollin on stuff and I forget! :lol:

after the prison style "clean the engine bay with a tooth brush" ended we got to work lining shit up takin a million measurements doing crazy shit to keep the motor still while we made mounts. had to make all new shit the original yota mounts are way to far foward for a nissan engine and the tranny is way way longer than a yota trans. so the shifter is back about 6 inches or more from the stock location. We set the motor back, and as low as we could get it.

DSC00424.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00427.jpg

diggin the swap :thumbup:

might i suggest a custom badge that says "nismota" and rock some infinity wheels.

a hilux is a truck. they stopped calling them a hilux in the states and a few other markets in '75. a hilux is a built to order truck, varying drivetrains, motors, cab and bed configs. the tacoma is still called a hilux most everywhere else but here.

if you search google for "african hilux" you'll find crazy 6 door 4x4's with V8's and dually rears and other super crazy safari type versions. i think datsun/nissan did the same shit in 3rd world countrys.

Hate to tell you this after all this work is done, but with you mounts lined up vertical that way, if a motor mount ripped, the engine would FALL.

BTW, wtf is a HILUX? I thought all toyota names started with the letter "C". :lol: :P Jk

Yes my motor mounts are failing miserably!! :unsure: I admit it, lol. they hold the engine up but sag and the pan rests on the crossmember. Ahh well live and learn, and try again. right now steering is my main issue and i think i got that worked out, we just gotta build all new linkage! wish we coulda used a rear sump motor! I have alot of fab time under my belt but i just dont feel comphy building a oil pan ive seen dudes fry engines cause their done wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

looking at the gaskets between the hardbody and 240 the gaskets are shaped totally different so i dont think they interchange more progress pics.

Are you sure you are comparing E model gaskets? I know the DE stuff is different, truck to car, but all the single cam motors seem to use the same oil pan gasket part #. 89'-90' 240 and 90'-97 D21 list the same.

Mark