Datsun Boat

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

too funny, i bet there was a company here in AZ that was doing the conversions... how old is it? 80's?

The boats were made by Conqueror marine in Compton CA for just 3 years we believe.74, 75 & 76.

All the ones weve found / own have L 20 b motors & ran a points distributor except for mine which has a matchbox.

The fact that theres now 4 here in Bullhead city AZ is crazy !

Ok Mark, Make Me spill the beans ! ! !

I seriously do not need a third boat. Just like some of the trucks I have acquired, like the propane truck, I do not need them, I just do not want to see them end up thrashed and destroyed. I feel that this boat is another significant find. So I bought it. And it will be for sale. The catches: It has not started yet and I want to keep the interior. One person on here has already expressed interest in it. Those are really the only details for now. I want to take it to an upholstery shop and see if they can copy that interior for My yellow boat. Yes another seat would be traded out and it was re-done nicely to go with the boat. The side tucked panels, seat and the floor pad will stay with Me though. The boat isn't getting spark but We were trying to "jump" it without a key. The Weber needs to be rebuilt too. The fluids look fine, especially it the jet, which is critical to it being waterworthy. If I still have it by the time spring hits I am certain that I will have made it running and placed it in the water to see if there are any leaks. Other than that, this boat (the one with CF 3165 JC) on the sides will be available for sale or trade. I am also considering offing the propane truck and one other truck to make room in the barn. More on this later.

• 2 months later...

And here are those pics Mark ! !  (Hey Tony, there's a fly on the Bimini top) ! ! ! !  Fu*$in' flys ! ! !  (Jack Rebney) 

P1011095_zps7143c9fe.jpg

jack1_zps8455be76.jpgP1011100_zps4860c098.jpg

P1011103_zps7deb0b95.jpg

P1011105_zpsdf5b74a9.jpg

Mark's boat ran flawlessly ! !  It is crazy how late this year it has taken Us to finally get on the water but the rigors of working, raising a family and chasing loose dogs made Us late by about 2 months from last year. None the less, let the boating (and related antics) begin ! ! !

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I took out My boat Sunday for a few hours. Mark, Rich and Max (the hiking poodle) went along. Here You see Mark endorsing Arizona Ice Tea and I am endorsing Buschinays ! ! !  The "pimp hat" was put into service this day ! !

P1011427_zpsf413ef79.jpg

In this pic You see Rich and Max;

P1011436_zps02dc4830.jpg

What Max is doing is trying to remove a label from a plastic bottle that got stuck to His ear. This drove Him crazy and had Us laughing ! !

P1011438_zps28df3347.jpg

EVERYONE loves the "pimp hat" ! ! Including Michelle ! ! She is Our favorite waitress at Buffalo Wild Wings in Bullhead City. She happened to also be boating (isn't everybody?!?!!) and modeled the "pimp hat". It looks much better on Her than it does on Me ! ! !

P1011431_zpse5ee53ec.jpg

P1011434_zps3f10ecbf.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are some pics taken last weekend at Parker during West Coast Nationals. There were some pretty cool folks lounging in the Colorado River next to My boat. I inquired if the lady wouldn't mind posing on My vintage Datsun powered boat and here are the results:

P1010086_zpsaa5946cb.jpg

P1010057_zps4c9ce018.jpg

P1010073_zps2000890e.jpg

P1010071_zps97f46a25.jpg

Just another wonderful day on the Colorado River ! !

• Like 2

These boats are CHICK MAGNETS ! ! ! !

Seroiusly, I can not think of a better purchase that has brought more happiness into My life. These boats don't even feel like they are behind Me when trailering, are easy to launch and load, get AWESOME milage (?) and draw attention wherever they are taken. My next consideration (after selling the 1974 Sanger with a Ford 390) was to get a nice hull with a huge outboard. This boat surfaced for sale first and I have been very happy with the purchase. Only one thing has failed in over 50 launchings to date: a $4.00 ballast resistor. I cann't blame the boat for that. I have had trouble free boating for 3 seasons now.  

• Like 1

man a datsun boat would make me sooo happy. The only thing I love as much as a datsun is hitting the lake with a boat or jetski or raft or what have you, a datsun boat would make my life complete... I wonder if redeyes ka mounts would work in one of these.... hahahaha :p

• 2 weeks later...

I have a `76 with the closed bow. Bought it a few years ago for $700 and the motor is in a machine shop but the rest is on a second trailer and don't really know what to do next after its been stripped down by my father, whom since has passed, Scattered parts. We began with intentions of rebuilding it and I still would like to have it restored for running around the river. I noticed most of your finds have been on the west coast. You may be excited to find that I acquired mine on the east coast 60 miles from my home in Southern Maryland!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is very cool. You guys know what it takes.

What kind of boat should I go for in order to make  it a Datsun boat? I like water sports but I do not know much about boat models . I have seen most boats ( small ) nowadays have out board motors.

Need to get me a boat. Got the engine already. I want a boat and all. A Datsun boat for sure. 

P1010057_zps4c9ce018.jpg

P1010073_zps2000890e.jpg

P1011434_zps3f10ecbf.jpg

P1011100_zps4860c098.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In the photos above posted on #86 and 91, that cove is at Lazy Harry's in Bullhead City. Years ago it was called Sunshine Marine and hosted performance boat drags in the 80s as seen in this view:

Sunshine_marina_zps3a249e1d.jpg

Yesterday Mark tried to recreate once again that view in the same cove. Although there weren't any high performance boats at the time the picture was taken (there sometimes are as was the case 30" later) It still is a nice shot of the place that has become Our favorite to launch Our Sundance 16s.

securedownload_zps17b840e7.jpeg

My yellow boat, Datman's Delight, can be seen 3rd from left (the only one with a Bimini top up).

securedownload_zps81539296.jpeg

Even the O.T.B.s approve of Lazy Harry's ! ! ! !

securedownload_zps3d191afb.jpeg

Another fine day of river boating ! !