1967 520 Build

Brian D

I picked her up in july for $150 (which was a bargan). Since then I have got a carb, replaced the fuel pump,water pump, gas tank,clutch master and slave and rubber line , front and rear brakes, cylinders, brake lines, wheel bearings, fixed the radiator , and e-brake which was frozen soild after sitting 10 years. I got her cleaned up today. All I am left waiting on is the new timing cover, seals and the clevis pin for e-brake. Hopefully some I will find a front bumper and a pair of fenders.

Here she is the day I got her

craigslist01001.jpg

Here she is this morning

520Parts016.jpg

520Parts015.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Nope not me on the bezels. Those are my old rusty ones that I restored. I work with a lot of aluminum at work and I will be posting a few how to's on some easy ways to restore the trim parts on Datsuns. I don't know if I am going to end up putting the front bumper on, it just looks so smooth without it. It is fun to drive, but I have two exhaust valves that are shot, so I don't have much power. I can't wait until I have the money to have somebody rebuild that j13 for me. I am going to start on the interior soon. Should turn out good considering that is what I do for a living.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope not me on the bezels. Those are my old rusty ones that I restored. I work with a lot of aluminum at work and I will be posting a few how to's on some easy ways to restore the trim parts on Datsuns.

appreciate those howto's when you get to them. nice looking truck man. im about at a place to paint my 521 and thinking about colors. im hesitant to go black, but seeing your truck has got me thinking. as for the interior- i like the rainbow!

• 2 weeks later...

I got the engine cleaned up, painted, new water pump, thermostat, and NGK's. Should have oics tomorrow when I assemble after paint is dry. Still trying to figure out dizzy options. Might just order petronix part so I can have this weekend, unless I can find a El dizzy

I got the engine cleaned up, painted, new water pump, thermostat, and NGK's. Should have oics tomorrow when I assemble after paint is dry. Still trying to figure out dizzy options. Might just order petronix part so I can have this weekend, unless I can find a El dizzy

One thing at a time Brian, I do not recall if you have heard this engine run or not, get it in and running, then start dumping money into it. You don't need electronic ign. to hear it run. I'm glad you found an engine. :rolleyes:

Here are some engine pics. I am waiting for the valve cover to dry. Also got my NOS tail lights today. It will be a while before they go on.

J15005.jpg

J15004.jpg

J15003.jpg

J15002.jpg

J15001.jpg

Wayno. I am doing all of the things I want to do to the truck while I can. I am parting out a chevy and using what I am getting from that to make improvements to the 520. I figured since I am going to do a EL dizzy soon I might as well do it when I drop the engine in, set the timing and forget about it.

I am so excited to finally be making so progress. I should be getting a new windsheild seal next week so I can get rid of that damn leak and start on the part where I really know what I am doing, the interior. The cold weather is killing me on paint dry time.