• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My bro got some new tires that are a bit smaller. The crossmember now has MAYBE an inch of ground clearance :)

We blasted and painted the wheels while the tires were off.

Thought I should post a pic of it.

image.jpeg

Outstanding! I know the initial cost of batteries and stuff is significant. I'd like to know more though. What is the actual $/mile? How much average range with a full charge? Top speed? 0-60 estimate? I've been thinking about an EV project for a while but hesitate to believe every claim made by sites that sell conversions. What's the real scoop?

Outstanding! I know the initial cost of batteries and stuff is significant. I'd like to know more though. What is the actual $/mile? How much average range with a full charge? Top speed? 0-60 estimate? I've been thinking about an EV project for a while but hesitate to believe every claim made by sites that sell conversions. What's the real scoop?

Battery cost was 3500 but with all the other components he has spent about 8k on the car. 38 batteries total.

He calculated around 250 miles per cost of 1 gallon of gas. He said his electric bill has been quite a bit cheaper this year because he installed a heat pump and all his LED lights he has been installing. I think the average person doesn't think much about what small things can do in the long run. His porch light it 2w yes only 2! It lights up the porch well enough to see your keys and the address. His neighbor on the other hand has enough incandescent bulbs to charge my brothers car easy twice every night. I will have to get him to reply to this thread so I don't mess up to many numbers.

It goes about 60-80 miles on a charge. He drives it up to Seattle sometimes. We just run a cord to wherever he parks.

It's faster than my 1200 truck, I would say more sporty than a stock 510 with 4 speed. That's all dependent on the controller. his is only 400 amp. he wants to get the 2k controller but worries the tranny or motor won't be able to handle it. He said he wants to drive it a bit longer before he has to start another big project on it. Plus my brother has always always driven very slow. Almost hard to ride with him.

He did let me drive it a few times. I couldn't say for sure what the top speed is but by no means to slow. The part that makes you drive it conservatively is the percent gauge. Damn I hate watching it go down!

All in all us datsun dudes could handle it but the average new car drive wouldn't last a week. No heat, low as fuck, and just basically like a Datsun. All those little things that most people can't handle. If I owned a house I think I would try and find a wrecked Leaf in the next couple years and scavenge all the parts and put them into a datsun. Building your own is cool but I think it would be cool to have all Nissan parts in a old Datto.

My bro got some new tires that are a bit smaller. The crossmember now has MAYBE an inch of ground clearance :)

We blasted and painted the wheels while the tires were off.

Thought I should post a pic of it.

image.jpeg

Are those 3 lug wheels? This car is awesome.

thats badass! there were a few of those little french cars in the local yard i used to work for...

If you see any more of them let me know. My bro is hunting for a few parts. Mainly a back seat and rear side panels.

Are those 3 lug wheels? This car is awesome.

Yeah 3 lug haha :)

• 2 months later...