New guy on the block

Nismoron

Hey guys, what's up. I'm the new guy on the block, well... Around the corner and down the street. It seems most of you guys are in Cali, Oregon and Washington. I'm over here in Alabama. I've been into Nissans for about 15 years and have owned a few customs. I had an S13 with one of the first RB20 conversions about 3 or 4 years before they became the thing and also had a R32 skyline conversion on the fron for a while. I sold all of that about 4 years ago and bought myself a 70 510 wagon rolling shell with no fenders. I collected parts for about a year and got her running, but then ran into a roadblock. It needed some body work on the rear quarter and I could not find any window seals for the side glass that had to be removed to weld in a new patch panel/corner. Then I started the divorce! Imagine my surprise when she didn't want the 30 year old multicolor datsun wagon. Anyway, the project has been sitting for about 2 years now. Now i'm ready to junp back in. While looking for window seals, I ran across you guys. And I found some seals. It is on!!! Now I just need a rear quarter patch panel. And I have to figure what to do with the shot rear axle. I have a spare, but dont know if it is good. I'm thinking a narrowed 7.5 Ford out of a 90's mustang V6. It is small and 5 lug to match the 200SX SEV6 struts that I have for the front.

By the way, if anyone needs L parts, I have a gold mine... 3 or 4 sets of side draft carbs! I found an old guy that his wife told him that 3 project cars was 1 too many, so he dropped the Lotus-7 kit car with the L16. I didn't ask, I just took the engine and huge hoard parts... hahaha

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ Hey now !!! Dat's INDY's job ,,,,

are you Taking over Izzo ? :lol:

Welcome to Ratsun :cool: ,,, we a bunch of rabid smart-@zz's ,,,,

Gold mine of parts you say ??? :D ( my ears are burning over the 3 or 4 sets of side-draft carbs :cool: )

You can post a lot of the stuff you wish to sell in the "Datsun Parts For Sale" Thread ( I believe it's called something close to that ? :unsure: )

^^^ Hey now !!! Dat's INDY's job ,,,, are you

Taking over ? :lol:

Welcome to Ratsun ,,, we a bunch of rabid smart-@zz's ,,,,

Gold mine of parts you say ??? :D

No, not taking over. But I wanted to make sure the first reply to him was that :D

I was working on digging up some old pics. I havent found any of the Dime yet, here are a few of the S13 in it's various stages. I know you guys arent interested in S13's but at least it shows some of my handiwork. The R32 Skyline fron end on the S13 is all metal. I welded the front of the skyline fender to the rear of the S13 fender. I was pretty proud of that one. I'm still working on the dime pics. If I cant find any, I'll take some tomorrow.

RB20DET :

S13RB20DETa.jpg

Exterior as originally built with quad projector headlights:

new01.jpg

Front shot:

S13RB20DETe.jpg

Car with R32 Skyline GTS-T front end conversion:

DSCF0429.jpg

I was working on digging up some old pics. I havent found any of the Dime yet, here are a few of the S13 in it's various stages. I know you guys arent interested in S13's but at least it shows some of my handiwork. The R32 Skyline fron end on the S13 is all metal. I welded the front of the skyline fender to the rear of the S13 fender. I was pretty proud of that one. I'm still working on the dime pics. If I cant find any, I'll take some tomorrow.

We are too interested in S13s, interested in most datsun/nissan. Not so much the Cube tho, yuck :D

Welcome Nismo Ron!

Which part of Alabama you from? My cousins are over in Marion County. Mostly they have classic american iron.

It's Nis-Moron hahaha

Marion Co... dont kow where that is off the top of my head. and yeah, there is alot of american iron here. The old turbo Nissans and Hondas are beating them back now... Still alot of rust-stangs though...

I'm smelling a motor swap!!!!!

DSC02417.jpg]

Welcome to Ratsun, I don't think anyones done this kinda of swap, should be a easy one but not quite understanding why a lawnmower motor.. :confused: :no: :rofl:

where did you located the rear side glass seals, I've been looking around and havn't found any yet.. :frantics:

when you do - do the swap, we will need pic's because we are pic's whores. :thumbup:

Wagon side window seal here:

http://www.datsunlan...6d8f83c395b73ca

I was kidding about the lawnmower engine swap. The mower just happened to be in the pic. It is probably going to get 1 of these three motors. Normally, I am a purist and want to stay with the same manufacturer, but i dont like any of the small Nissan/Datsun RWD options that I can think of (CA, KA, SR)

1 Toyota Corolla 4AG with side draft carbs

2 Miata motor

3 KA24E I'm not a big fan of the KA24 , but it is an evolved L motor and we have 5 or 6 laying around. Can you say "Freebie, Nothing, Nadda" on the cost for this swap.

I'm looking for something small, economical, reliable, and fairly modern to get the car from point A to point B. I am figuring something in the 75-125hp range. No rotaries!!! I said reliable. haha My best friend is a Nissan Master tech and is pushing real hard for the KA. He was kinda looking on to theis project with a chuckle for a couple of years and he finally drove it around the block. He said "WOW, this thing drives nice!" and now he is all jung-ho to help and donate parts (especially a KA24E and tranny).

That's funny. I had to drive to Georgia (Hotlanta) to get mine... LOL

I'll ask about the spare KA's this weekend. I'm not really interested. I dont know why, they just dont float my boat. He has a bunch of KA's from all of the SR and RB conversions that people get him to do. They never want the old engines. So he builds them, adds a turbo and sells a KA-T package...

We might see if we can figure out a RWD tranny to bolt to one of his QR25's or...

Maybe I can talk him out of that Titan motor he has laying around. Might have to "make" that one fit... haha

I think I am going to pick up a local buletine board sales paper and see what rwd japanese cars I can find for cheap... Then just buy the whole thing and swap it out.

I'm really not sure what to power it with. I just know I dont want:

SR (except a Bluetop SR20DE would be cool but to many $$$)

VG30

CA18

L??

Nothing wrong with those choices, I just dont want one for myself.

Cool man I would be interested in a stock one and 5 speed tranny if he has one lying around.

Also I am seeing what the interest would be on a Southeast region ratsun get together at a local road course in this area. It wouldnt be till next fall but I think that it would be cool to get some SE guys together since it seems like the west coast guys are having all the fun.

I can guarantee he is not going to let go of any tranny's. Since they are so bad about puking bearings once you get over 300whp through em...

I'd be interested in a get together. By local road coarse, are you talking Raod Atlanta, or perhaps Little Talladega? We have several guys that rent out Little Talladega several times a year. I can vouch for myself attending as well as possible one one. Chances go way down in football season though. I also know of a guy down near the AL/FL border that races 510's in SCCA. Elliot, I think is his name. Also the head guy at Nissan Training in marietta is a big 510 guy. If you get this thing together, I'll se about tracking them down.