Jacob's Goon Build - Now L19 powered.

Laecaon

We tried. But missing parts, I ordered them on the spot with my phone (I could only find them on rockauto...)

I replied to your text jrock.Did you ever see that color I posted in the PM?

Also determined that my rear brakes are quite happy.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah im gonna order some of that color and fuck with it ........i got a a spare valve cover to throw on your car while yours is off too .......

where did u get those window switches and can i buythose invidually and are they raw connections or weather pack molex stuff....those ar my favorite switches for air bag controls and window controls.......i assume those have provisions for illumination too..... i used a simialr switch but it was oval an had illumination .....nicve to be able to see what your doing in the dark.....my second favorite switch is a good ole toggle with some acrylic switch extenders ...like the old hydralic ones .....those look good  but more old schol feel then i wanted in some of my late model cars...hence the need for the switch like u posted ....they stopped being able to get the oval switches.....

Ordered the retainers 1pm on my phone Tuesday. They left North Houston TX wednesday morning. They were delivered Thursday... 2 day shipping from Texas when picking the cheapest option? cool...

So yes I got the retainers. Set up a time for next tuesday to actually get them done.

And Finally, the part I have been waiting for.

IMG_0100.JPG

This is a clear lense for my headlights. Because projectors dont need fluting. And its glass, as I have seen projectors melt plastic... I had to buy a set of conversion lights for these. Sadly the lense would not release in the oven (trick to removing head light lenses on most OEM headlights), so I had to cut them out. I used my angle grinder to cut the reflector bowl off, then to remove the silicone, I used a razor blade to scrape most of it off. And finally used my dremel and a wire wheel attachment to get the remnants of the silicone off.

Projectors are currently being glued together using 3M windo-weld. I should have them in tomorrow night im thinking. Gotta remember to do before and after pics.

Success!

PIcture story book time.

Light swap time!

IMG_0109.JPG

New look of the front of the car:

IMG_0119.JPG

Closeup:

IMG_0120.JPG

This is the truest I could get my camera to the actual color you see out of the headlight. It has a slight purple tinge here and there, but the light is pure white.

IMG_0118.JPG

Halogen highs are still hooked up:

IMG_0117.JPG

A little over exposed... why the heck did it go to ISO1600... I dont ever shoot above 400...

IMG_0110.JPG

Cutoff:

IMG_0115.JPG

Highbeam, this looks odd, But it works much better on the road, I need to take a picture though. Im thinking of modifying the HIghbeam cut off though...

IMG_0116.JPG

Decent picture of the road lit up. Note there is frost on the road and its slightly foggy. Definitely not this blue.

IMG_0113.JPG

I need to get a comparison shot. I will hopefully do that tomorrow once I can tame my camera.

But I am quite satisfied. I still need to clean up the wiring, which reminds me... I need to raise the cutoff a bit like a degree or 2.

• Like 2

The garage low beam shot is about 3 feet lower than the low beams on my girlfriends 2013 Golf. High beams look very similar to the shots you posted, except 3 feet low. Not sure if you want it that way, just trying to give you a reference point.

Easy there champ.. it wasn't a criticism. Just offering a thought I had when I saw the pics. I don't know the orientation of your driveway. I'm sure anyone looking at the cutoff pic is going to think it's too low as I'm sure you would agree.

Lenses are generic eBay ones. They are glass. Pain in the ass to remove though. If you see white sealant on the headlight, try baking them at 220 for 20 minutes, then carefully try to pry. The stock BMW lenses came off easily at 265 degrees and 7 minutes.

Looks good. Those are the ellipsoids??

Where did you get the lens's? I missed it if it was mentioned.. and one of mine is cracked. 

edit: nvm found it. Need to refresh more. 

No, they are hardly ellipsoids.

They are Morimoto FX-R V3.0 projectors in place of the bmw projector. I simply used the housing as it was already set up for 5.75 round and a projector.

• Like 1

I mounted my BMW mirrors. Driver side went on right where I wanted it. Passenger side, using the same measurements as the driver side, mounted a hair low. Its still useable. Ill get to adjusting them tomorrow as I drive.

I still have some sharpie on the car. I need to get some rubbing alcohol to clean it up.

IMG_0121.JPG

IMG_0122.JPG

IMG_0123.JPG

IMG_0124.JPG

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0126.JPG

IMG_0127.JPG

Nice mirrors! Did you find a happy medium?

Well after fussing about, not wanting to commit. I think I have them all but dialed in, and all is well.

Nice! I'll have to check those out next time I see it. Those look soo much more solid than the autozone specials I have on my truck

I think I had the same mirror as you. I am now glad I do not.

Well after fussing about, not wanting to commit. I think I have them all but dialed in, and all is well.

I think I had the same mirror as you. I am now glad I do not.

Awesome. That looks like the perfect location to mount them. It's a little weird if you mount them in the trough. but I'd mount them where ever to make them work.