Jacob's Goon Build - Now L19 powered.

Laecaon

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update without pictures! I know, not my style.

Anyways. Made it over to Drivens place again today. Got the bearings changed out. I wish I had pics of the old bearings. One of them wouldnt even turn by hand. Got the car reassembled. And I dont have brakes. Well there is air in the lines or something, but after awhile trying to bleed them we kinda gave up and I drove it home.

We are thinking the MC may have given up. But I am gonna try doing a fluid flush first.

Update without pictures! I know, not my style.

Anyways. Made it over to Drivens place again today. Got the bearings changed out. I wish I had pics of the old bearings. One of them wouldnt even turn by hand. Got the car reassembled. And I dont have brakes. Well there is air in the lines or something, but after awhile trying to bleed them we kinda gave up and I drove it home.

We are thinking the MC may have given up. But I am gonna try doing a fluid flush first.

Good news about the bearings. Is it nice and quiet now?

Sucky about the brakes. Hope it's something simple like air in the line.

So I just did a full flush on the brake fluid.  And adjusted the rear brakes.

There was definitely air in the system. But I got to a point where I was not getting anymore air out of any corner. But the pedal is only marginally better.

The pedal is still going to the floor, but there is braking happening on the first pump now. Second guarantees a stop.

Im thinking im gonna go and rebleed everthing. Its annoying me at this point.

Ok went out again. Bleed the master some more. And got a couple bubbles out... I think I need to do a proper bench bleed now.

But pedal feels mucho better. Like now it doesnt want to go to the floor, but I can still make it. Normally I cant make it go to the floor.

So since you stole my name (Jacob) I can have your car right? Thanks bro :)

Really love this, so hard to decide on a 510 or 1200. Been looking for both, first one I find in my price range I'll probably pick up, then I'll run across a better one of the other veriety shortly after and kick myself...

sounds like the master in my 521......didnt bench bleed it now i have bled it every weekend for about 4 weeks..... its gotten better but i still get a different pedal from just applying them to pump pump apply...im thinking i need residuals for the rears

Im thinking we let air into the MC when we tried to bleed the rear. I mean, the cup did go empty...

If you let that rear circuit go dry while the front circuit has already been bled, then it is a lot slower getting the rear circuit to bleed, the fact is, I couldn't get shit out of the rear while trying to bleed them, so I finally gave up, I put a small piece of aquarium tubing over the front caliper bleeder, filled a cup half full of brake fluid and dropped the tube into the cup, then opened that front bleeder, I was then able to bleed the back brakes, as the pedal would go to the floor again, and after the rears were bled, I just closed the front bleeder, and all was good, but I kept my eyes on both them reservoirs.

• 2 weeks later...

Still have air in the system somewhere. Pedal randomly goes to the floor. Other times its as stiff as a rock. It always stops though.

Anyways. Been working on my spare wagon rear bumper. I came up with a cool plan, step 1 is cleaning and sanding. Step 2 in bondo (I havent started this step yet)

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

IMG_0131.JPG

Also got a new goodie. Wagon hatch airfoil/spoiler!

Just a mockup. Got to do some work to it. Thinking of adding a few CF strips to strengthen it from raising in the center, there is just a little too much flex to me. And then, instead of paint matching, I think I might try my hand at doing a vinyl wrap on it...

IMG_0132.JPG

IMG_0133.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0135.JPG

Yay it clears the rack!

IMG_0136.JPG

IMG_0137.JPG

Step 4 of bumper plans are probably out a few weeks.

Step 3 is to paint it...

Step 4 is not mounting the bumper.

Step 5 is mounting the bumper.

Step 6 is asking Eric if I can use his spare front bumper that I have to do the same treatment.

But trust me, its a great idea. And did I mention I have 2 wagon rear bumpers? :)