ART- Datsun 411 RATROD

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where do you buy or what are those window visors called?

Ive seen vw's with them and the look like they are sorta universal to a point...

I based this visor on one from an old Mercury, so I doubt it would fit the width of the 411, but I bet a VW one would work great!

http://www2.cip1.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=606

I found some but Im still looking... Im sure there is a way!

Check this out! This visor (1950's) looks just like the one I used AND it says in the ad that the width is adjustable. Looks to me like a three piece where the end pieces slide in and out of the center piece. If so this would be great because even if it was too big you could always cut a little off and shrink it more!

They were made by a company called Fulton.

THis one has hail damage, but that would add to the rattiness on my concept.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/47-48-49-50-51-52-53-Fulton-Sunvisor-Sun-visor-Chevy_W0QQitemZ140195286435QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item140195286435

Fulton-8b0b_2.jpg

oh, my gosh...that artwork is incredible....this from the 411/410 lady....just amazing. I want it on a T shirt....I will sell you a very nice 411 wagon body, good glass if you were closer to fix up as you wanted...would be so cool. Jeff has seen my 411 wagon body...someone should buy it and make it one really cool 411. Very little rust...no engine or tranny. Lots of room in the engine comp. for a bigger engine and more fun.

I already have 4 running old Datsuns to keep, so no time for more projects. My fiance and I will be doing an engine swap and some work on an old Suzuki to make it into a tiny truck, then my PL 410 is next on the list and then his Lotus, some really rare model. Keeps us off the streets. We never know which car to work on, having so many cars.

Eveyone is welcome to stop by our shop in Renton, wa....if you are ever in the area...425 255 5591....

P.S. I am getting married this month to this great guy....we both enjoy working on our many car projects together...plus he has a truck and car trailer!! I imagine me and one of my Datsuns will be out autocross racing again after I recover from my knee replacement...looking forward to that alot. He is a road race driver and instructor, so maybe I will try the road racing track too someday. Keep those Datsuns running!

oh, my gosh...that artwork is incredible....this from the 411/410 lady....just amazing. I want it on a T shirt....I will sell you a very nice 411 wagon body, good glass if you were closer to fix up as you wanted...would be so cool. Jeff has seen my 411 wagon body...someone should buy it and make it one really cool 411. Very little rust...no engine or tranny. Lots of room in the engine comp. for a bigger engine and more fun.

I already have 4 running old Datsuns to keep, so no time for more projects. My fiance and I will be doing an engine swap and some work on an old Suzuki to make it into a tiny truck, then my PL 410 is next on the list and then his Lotus, some really rare model. Keeps us off the streets. We never know which car to work on, having so many cars.

Eveyone is welcome to stop by our shop in Renton, wa....if you are ever in the area...425 255 5591....

P.S. I am getting married this month to this great guy....we both enjoy working on our many car projects together...plus he has a truck and car trailer!! I imagine me and one of my Datsuns will be out autocross racing again after I recover from my knee replacement...looking forward to that alot. He is a road race driver and instructor, so maybe I will try the road racing track too someday. Keep those Datsuns running!

I wish Tana, I'd love a 411 like this. Alas I don't know when I'd find the time to build one from a rolling shell. But if you were here I'd be more than tempted.

Here's an idea, Someone get the shell, base it off my concept, do a build up, document everything. We contact Minitruckin magazine and see if they want to run an article of the 411 Ratsun Wagon build, from concept to completion!

They do it in Classic Trucks magazine all the time.

Tana I wish you well, and I think it is great you are going into the hospital so excited to get that knee fixed!

I dream of that 411 sss that was on ebay last month, but the gentleman never got around to sending me pictures. Prolly for the best as already my 521 isn't getting the attention it deserves. I don't think his heart was fully into selling it, and I totally understand.

Thanks for all the interest in tee shirts and prints guys! You rock!

Jeff and I are talking about doing something like the above to help support Ratsun.

Look above! I got a new title, and I couldn't be more proud!

And yup I gotta do a 510 soon. THe `59 might come first though!

Will keep you posted!

Scott

Here's an idea, Someone get the shell, base it off my concept, do a build up, document everything. We contact Minitruckin magazine and see if they want to run an article of the 411 Ratsun Wagon build, from concept to completion!

That very idea has been nagging at me since I saw your drawing. The thought got worse when I saw a VG30 w/ 5-speed cheap on CL.

If I could keep it a secret somehow from SWMBO...maybe work on it at your place, Tana..... :rolleyes:

I have to say the wagon shell at Tana's is really clean! If I didn't have a fleet of projects I would get it for sure!!!!!!!!! I have to say all but one of my datto's runs and drive! yeah :D

Beautiful!

You sir, are truely talented :cool:

I am in for a tee.

One question, where was your submission for the canby logo this year? We gave out $100 to the winner.

THanks! Aww I wish I had known there was a contest. Next year!

That is BAD ASS!!! I want one :D Do one of my 59 :D

ucking_59_bitch.jpg

My 59 is sort of a rat rod already. Most of my pics are here:

http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/EarlyDatsunClub/photos/browse/8c3c

I have since painted the hood flat black and pinstriped it, and painted the cars name on the back. She's now known as the Kamikaze Kustom because my friend rode with me and said I drive like a Kamikaze.

Icehouse, the front skinny wheels are probably stock. Original tire size was 5.00x15 bias ply. I do have a few extra and left over parts. I had a second 59, a 61 PLG222 truck, a 66 520, and a 67 2000 roadster. All are gone....

It wont let me view them :(

Awww me either! I really want to see it. They are so rare you should start a new thread to showcase it so it won't get lost in this one!

Reminds me a lot of my squareback I used to own.

VWPic.jpg

I like the Bug you built in that pic

There is supposed to be a 1955 station wagon in town.I'm trying to run it down.Has anyone ever seen one?

I believe Datsun just barely started importing cars to North America in 1959. Is this '55 a right hand drive model? ...or maybe a '65?

I believe Datsun just barely started importing cars to North America in 1959. Is this '55 a right hand drive model? ...or maybe a '65?

Definately not a 65.I'm guessing RHD.I still haven't got to see it.The guy is a well heeled flake.

I'm sorta scared to see it.As in scared i'm going to add to the 16 or so vehicles on the ranch.:blink:

Here you go Fisch!!!!

Perfect for a ratrod. Probably little rust to deal with.:D

Jester

YESSS!!! Damn you west coast guys where it rains Dattos!:fu:

Looks like a swell candidate for somene though! And it has a roof rack! I was wondering if they had one and I thought about putting one on my concept.

Scott