New Plates in Washington

ggzilla

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I got my Datsun in 2003, now I gotta pay $20 for new plates (although they still look brand new). The renewal notice says the reflective finish is "only guaranteed for five years" so the make you buy new ones every seventh year. For $40 they will make a new plate with the same number, otherwise they just give you a new number.

Actually it depends on which plate factory they come from. Personalized plates have been flat for a couple years, as have some plates you get when you pay the extra to get the same number. But not always- I paid the extra for the same number and got stamped plates a couple months ago, yet someone in King County did the same 2 years ago and got flat plates. I've never gotten flat plates. Pierce county plates are still stamped for the most part. I'm sure eventually they'll all be flat. I suppose the switch to 7-character plates for cars may be the turnover, but some counties still have backlogs of older 999 ZZZ type plates.

I just wish I could get my OLD plate numbers back- the 7-year replacements started in 2000, but you couldn't retain your old number until 2004. By then, I'd lost all my old numbers to plate replacements. Most of my cars still had green-on-white plates until then. Others were repeating-letters or sequential.

Im putting classic plates on the 620, i ordered a 78 plate off ebay, cant wait to put that on :) Just got to be sneaky and have a good excuse if i get pulled over for driving it to much lol.

Just don't ever have anything in the bed. You can't use it as a utility vehicle which means no hauling stuff.

You're always on a pleasure drive or going to or from a Datsun meet. :)