Insurance is totaling my truck

yello620

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geico will not offer me an over all policy.One to cover me in whatever I drive.Get this though,I am an insured driver as far as liability coverage goes,no matter what I drive but,if I am stopped in a non policy vehicle I will recieve a no insurance ticket that will stick.WTF?Also I tell them that I drive my 620 as a part time vehicle for truck uses and it cost exactly the same as the daily driver 510.WTF?Fuck them!

I think it is 50/75 liability at $197 for a 91 4 door pathfinder se 4x4,$248 for 71 4 door 510 and $248 for the 72 620 for 6 months.Way too much f'ing $$.

Since I was already told I would be insured but not available proof for vehicle I will get the proof and cancel the 620 and still be covered or just call them each time I drive a different rig.

lameness. when my jetta got hit i KNEW thats what they were gonna do. i also told them that there was NO WAY IN HELL htey were taking my baby. but they did try to undercut the value of my jetta. they tried saying ti was a plain GL jetta and that it was worth $2000. my wife called em up and said stop! its a 90 GLI with under 80,000 with the 16v, cr 5spd, the factory BBS and teh factory Recaro buckets. they rethought it and gave me $3500 so i cleared $2700 after deductable adn buyback. but since i got my deductable back for the other person ahving ins, i cleared $3250.

also when you get teh paperwork from the ins co, and the state dstating its a total, you CAN get a temp permit (60 day if memory serves) so you can drive ti while waiting for your inspection date. it was $50 for the inspection adn something like $90 to re-register it and get a new title issued on my GLI. not to bad and i got to drive the car!

oh and BTW. i am insured by American Commerce through AAA. full coverage on 5 cars 2 people runs me $350 a month. thats on 2 passats, a caprice, a grand marquis and my ram. i have yet to insure the 620 as i am not driving it currently while waiting on parts to make it road worthy.

Datsunfish, Most major insurance carriers will not offer a generic liability policy- they want one policy per vehicle. In fact, some of the major carriers say that Washington law requires it. That's NOT true- if it was, it would be a major headache for companies with fleets. And the insurance laws don't discriminate between fleets and individuals in this State.

I have what's called "Broadform Liability" through GMAC. It's not cheap- it's almost $1400 a year, and it ONLY covers liability, but it means I can drive ANY vehicle equal or under 1-ton payload and be covered. You can get Comp, collision, or whatever on individual cars without individual liability- I have comp on one car, for example (having a $12 a year comp policy gives me a $50 discount on my homeowner's policy. Go figure.). I actually went to Vern Fonk (yes, the guys that insure DUI cases) and they were very helpful in finding that policy. And yes they'll insure good drivers. They are a broker, so they issue policies for several different carriers.

I've been pulled over (for various bs reasons) and never had a problem- State, local, and County. I also had no problem using it as proof of insurance when getting day passes onto military bases.

in case there are any army peeps here like me, usaa sucks a fat one!

Huh, I was an air force brat which gives me access to USAA (even though I am 36). I've had no problems with them at all. 'Course I have a really good record and the only accidents I've been in are lightly backing into a mercedes and some asshat took a screwdriver to my door. So those are the only claims I've made. I used to have allstate, now that was a pain and way more expensive.

• 2 weeks later...
Well the insurance company originally valued my truck at $650. After they added what they will allow for re-registering and the buy back i was to get $647. I said No way. So i gather mostly local ads from craigslist and ebay. And heard back today and they revised my value at $1075. So I keep the truck and they send me a check for $1062 i think. Much better.

I am not aware of a way that the Totaled/reconstructed can be removed from the title once it is there. Would like to know if anybody knows how it works in Oregon.

Later

Jason

you can register it in WA and it wipes the title cclean than re-register it in OR

you can register it in WA and it wipes the title cclean than re-register it in OR

only if registering in Washington wipes the title. I believe there are only a couple states where that happens. I do not think Washington or Oregon are one of those states. Nevada might be one.

I have my cars, house and life insurance through American National. Trust me you will not find a better insurance company. You get a multiple car discount too which is good, and you get money back if you have no claims. I have my 510, 521, willys, for under 450 for 6 months, for all three. Trust me look into them. I have dealt with them for about 10 years with one claim that went good.

Washington doesn't brand titles on cars over 10 years old. However, if the title is branded it stays branded.

an insurance claim adjuster told me that if you register a vehicle from oregon with a branded title in wa it becomes clean and after a certain amount of time you can re-register it in oregon with a clean title