3rd Annual SoCalROC Show-N-Shine Toy Drive

fairlady66

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That kinda sucks you have plates. You gonna put the aussie plates on for the shows?

Bring the goon :D

I left the front plate as is. Only runnin' the back plate like I do on the Sunny.

I just a new starter for the goon that I plan on throwing in this weekend. Hopefully, it's the right one. The gear that engages the flywheel barely sticks out of the housing, so I'm hoping that's the correct one for a L20b.

Thread save: I went to last years Toy Drive Show and I'm really looking forward to coming to this years show. Either the goon or the Sunny, it's going to be fun for a great cause..

Today is the last day to get your pre-registrations sent in for the

3rd Annual SoCalROC Show-N-Shine Toy Drive.

November 20, 2010

10:00am - 3:00pm

ALL Early registrations that you are mailing in must be post marked not later then today November 13, 2010.

On-Line Registration will remain open until Wednesday November 17th. You can register on-line by sending payment through paypal and all your registration information with your payment or email registration form to socalroc@gmail.com, Payment must be sent via PayPal to cmb.assoc@gmail.com

If you are planning on registering on site please try to arrive between 8:45 and 9:45am. We would like all cars staged by 10:00am

If you plan on being a volunteer and helping out PLEASE try to arrive by 9:00am.

We are looking forward to a great time, if you are not registering your Datsun please come on out and enjoy the day with us. Oh, and be sure to bring a toy!

See you on November 20, 2010 at the Riverside International Automotive Museum

Enjoy Your Ride,

Chris

http://www.photoshow.com/watch/KD3Sq9jC?source=em_ps_show_recipient

We just got word that Tony Adamowicz had to cancel due to a job (making real Money) at the LA Auto Show and he will not be making it to the Show-N-Shine as planned. Scooter Patrick will not be making it as well, he just sent word that last minute family plans for Thanksgiving has come up and he has to be out of town, he states that he looks forward to making it out for next years Show. This can be disappointing, however we are gathering to have fun with our Datsuns and most of all to make the Holidays brighter for the Hospitalized Children by gathering Toys.

However, We got a call today from Hector Cademartori asking if he could join us. After talking we agreed and he will be bringing his Datsun 240Z Race car with him. Hector races historic race cars in Gran prix style. He is sponsored by Lucas Oil which is also a sponsor for this event. He is a fantastic artist who creates stunning sketches and drawings, the most recent is of the BRE 240Z #46 which I undewrstand is now on display at the Riverside International Automotive Museum next to the BRE 240Z #46. We look forward to having Hector be with us this Saturday November 20th at the Riverside International Automotive Museum from 10:00am - 3:00pm

We are looking forward to having you join us for a great time, if you are not registering your Datsun please come on out and enjoy the day with us anyway. Oh, and be sure to bring a toy!

This event is open to the general public so pass the wrod.

See you on November 20, 2010 at the Riverside International Automotive Museum

Enjoy Your Ride,

Chris

http://www.photoshow.com/watch/KD3Sq9jC?source=em_ps_show_recipient

They are calling for 60% chance of rain. I guess we will be inside all day. :(

60% today... yesterday it was like 70% so its going down. Not to worried, its California. 60% chance of rain means that it is 40% chance of sun.

My beer can is half full....

60% today... yesterday it was like 70% so its going down. Not to worried, its California. 60% chance of rain means that it is 40% chance of sun.

My beer can is half full....

Your beer is half full. My blunt is half gone. :lol:

We might luck out and just have a nice cool day with lots of clouds. :P

We might luck out and just have a nice cool day with lots of clouds. :P

This is what I am banking on.

However, Last month I was at the Automotive Design Center at the Art Center in Pasadena for one of the most elegant Car Shows around. The weather was not what would be expected for a California weekend in October. As the Ferrari's, Maserati's, Bentley's and Rolls Royce's and yes, even a Datsun arrived so did the weather. On and off throughout the day the weather tested the durability of chamois and owners nerves, yet, the Show went on.

The 3rd Annual SoCalROC Show-N-Shine Toy Drive is set for this Saturday November 20th. There is a 60% chance that it will not rain. Yesterday it was a 40% chance of no rain. So the odds are getting better and we are looking forward to a dry and wonderful day. It maybe a bit overcast or even foggy in the morning, but we are hopeful that this 60% chance of no rain will increase.

With us being in California, just like the economy the weather can disappoint us. If that does happen a Rain-Check will be put into place. If we have Rain, and I don't mean Mist, but actual Rain, the Show-N-Shine Toy Drive will be postponed until the following Saturday November 27th at the same place and same time.

First thing Saturday morning log onto www.socalroc.net for a Show Update. This Update will either say "The Show Is On"! or it will give details of the postponement. I realize that for many a postponement will be an incoveince but if it is raining we have no other options. After all, this event will be much more fun if it was dry.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact Chris at chris@socalroc.net

We look forward to seeing you THIS Saturday NOVEMBER 20th at the 3rd Annual SoCalROC Show-N-Shine Toy Drive

Enjoy Your Ride

Due to the weather forecast for the day

we are forced to postpone our Show-N-Shine Toy Drive

According to the National Weather Service

We can expect up to 1/2 of Rain today

with winds reaching up to 30/mph

The 3rd Annual SoCalROC Show-N-Shine will resume in FULL FORCE

Next Saturday November 27th

At the same Place and Same Time

Please log onto: www.socalroc.net for more details

============

We are sorry for the Inconvenience

We just believe a dry show is a fun show

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so... is there early registration? :rofl:

YES! We will accept Registrations online only until midnight Wednesday November 24, 2010. You must PayPal fund to cmb.assoc@gmail.com and either email the enrty form to chris@socalroc.net or socalroc@gmail.com or at least send in all the information that goes on the form.

We are sorry we had to postpone - somethngs we just have no control over. The weather out look for next Saturday is really good, dry and temps in the 70s.

Attention guys!!!!!!

I may be making a trek once again to Southern California. My vintage Honda Denver's chopper is going to be at this show:

It will be trailered along with many other Denver's bikes and I will be coming seperately in another vehicle...... which means I can attend both other Datsun events!!! Hope to see You all there during the days event and at Portillos. I will not be bringing a pickup, just spectating. See Ya' next weekend!!!!

It is amazing to me how many emails I get from upset people because we cannot control the weather. We apologize for the Postponement of the 3rd Annual SocalROC Show-N-Shine Toy Drive. If the weather were up to us we would have had a wonderful time. However the weather for next Saturday November 27, the forecast is to be really nice, clear skies and temps in the 70s. We would like to thank those die hard Datsun Owners that still showed up yesterday regardless of the rain fall. As the day went on and the weather got worse it would have been destructive to have gone on with the show, to chance putting on the show and then having to stop and resume when it dried out would have been very costly. ALL Show participants will receive an extra raffle ticket when they show up. I know it is not much but that gives you two chances at the raffles on us.

We have opened registration up again. If you wish to pre-register you must send the funds via PayPal to cmb.assoc@gmail.com and email the registration form or all the information on it chris@socalroc.net or socalroc@gmail.com or fax it to 206-338-4309 no later then Mid-Night Wednesday November 24, or you can register when you arrive on Saturday. The cost will be 15 with no T-Shirt.

T-Shirts will be available to purchase on the day of the event.

Now, the Show Must Go On! So, ITs SHOW TIME!

We are all set to go with this event on Saturday November 27 at 10:00am as previously planned.

The 3rd Annual SoCalROC Show-N-Shine Toy Drive

We hope to see you there

More information log onto: www.socalroc.net

ATTENTON! We are a little short on Z Car - 510- and Truck registrations. Tell your frineds with these Datsuns to come on out! We have 1st through 3rd place Awards. There is a category for Newer Z Cars as well. One award for the Best Newer Z Cars (thats 1984 to present) The Z Car is the only car that Nissan still makes that was at one time under the Datsun Badge. There is alos a classic Z Car class with 1st - 3rd.

We will see you on Saturday at the Riverside International Automotive Museum

10:00am - 3:00pm We would like all cars placed by 9:45am so give yourself time to check in and register if needed