KA24DE update and photos

Datsun Parts

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE! The 620 is once again new and improved. I was offered a sponsorship from AEM. Their goal was to get a base map software design to market their brand new ECU to the KA24 powered customers. I was fortunate to have just what they wanted. In addition to the ECU they included a water/meth injection system. This keeps intake temps down and allows higher safer boost control. In a very fast week, Jose tackled the old ECU removal and install of what looked like 1000 wires on the new system. The benefits of the new system includes knock sensor, altitude control, better air/fuel management and a list of others that even includes a 2 step rev. limiter.

To compliment this system I needed to add a new 3” mandrel bent stealth exhaust and Walbro high capacity fuel pump with new stainless lines and AN fittings from the tank to the fuel rail. They even included a dual filtration system. Once again the team of Juan and Jose at R Rated Motorsports in Ontario were kind enough to add to the sponsorship and get me those needed parts and installed correctly.

Once this was completed off it went to Bisimoto Engineering for another Dyno Session. We got about a ½ a mile away and the truck died! Well a quick trip to grab and tow rope and it was at the shop. A quick review showed the Dwell settings were too high and it cooked my Q45 igniter. I had grabbed a few from the junkyard so I had an extra one in stock.

After a few more hours of fine tuning it was time for a full pull to see what the increase would be over the last 225 HP result. Well the chart below shows the difference, we squeezed another 116 HP! Amazing 341 HP to the wheels! That is 304 foot pounds of torque at an impressive 112 MPH and only at 6400 RPM! (The geen numbers are the previous results vs. the current in the yellow). The power band was still on its way up but we ran into another problem, the stage 3 clutch was slipping. Seems two hours of constant hard pulls on a clutch that was not broken in equals…GLAZE! No big deal as it only slips at crazy full throttle and I will not be maxing out this motor anytime soon.

The best part of all of this is 28-30 MPG too, all in an air conditioned, power-steering 620!

According to Bisimoto.com who performed the dyno they advised me the turbo I am running is capable of 24 pounds and potentionally 380 HP on paper. I was more then happy with the 341 and was not interested in going for more or having something possibly break. There is no way I will be able to put most of the power to the ground anyway.

Now they will need to finish up the coil over suspension, complete a few beauty plates to cover my relays, make a heat shield for the brake master and ceramic coat my new exhaust and it should be all buttoned up.

There is also a photo shoot scheduled for next week for a popular U.K magazine next week too.

31a3dbc6.jpg

dyno.jpg

UPDATE! The 620 is once again new and improved. I was offered a sponsorship from AEM. Their goal was to get a base map software design to market their brand new ECU to the KA24 powered customers. I was fortunate to have just what they wanted. In addition to the ECU they included a water/meth injection system. This keeps intake temps down and allows higher safer boost control. In a very fast week, Jose tackled the old ECU removal and install of what looked like 1000 wires on the new system. The benefits of the new system includes knock sensor, altitude control, better air/fuel management and a list of others that even includes a 2 step rev. limiter.

To compliment this system I needed to add a new 3” mandrel bent stealth exhaust and Walbro high capacity fuel pump with new stainless lines and AN fittings from the tank to the fuel rail. They even included a dual filtration system. Once again the team of Juan and Jose at R Rated Motorsports in Ontario were kind enough to add to the sponsorship and get me those needed parts and installed correctly.

Once this was completed off it went to Bisimoto Engineering for another Dyno Session. We got about a ½ a mile away and the truck died! Well a quick trip to grab and tow rope and it was at the shop. A quick review showed the Dwell settings were too high and it cooked my Q45 igniter. I had grabbed a few from the junkyard so I had an extra one in stock.

After a few more hours of fine tuning it was time for a full pull to see what the increase would be over the last 225 HP result. Well the chart below shows the difference, we squeezed another 116 HP! Amazing 341 HP to the wheels! That is 304 foot pounds of torque at an impressive 112 MPH and only at 6400 RPM! (The geen numbers are the previous results vs. the current in the yellow). The power band was still on its way up but we ran into another problem, the stage 3 clutch was slipping. Seems two hours of constant hard pulls on a clutch that was not broken in equals…GLAZE! No big deal as it only slips at crazy full throttle and I will not be maxing out this motor anytime soon.

The best part of all of this is 28-30 MPG too, all in an air conditioned, power-steering 620!

According to Bisimoto.com who performed the dyno they advised me the turbo I am running is capable of 24 pounds and potentionally 380 HP on paper. I was more then happy with the 341 and was not interested in going for more or having something possibly break. There is no way I will be able to put most of the power to the ground anyway.

Now they will need to finish up the coil over suspension, complete a few beauty plates to cover my relays, make a heat shield for the brake master and ceramic coat my new exhaust and it should be all buttoned up.

There is also a photo shoot scheduled for next week for a popular U.K magazine next week too.

31a3dbc6.jpg

dyno.jpg

Well i think my 2.3 big bore from you should pull even harder.lol

• 4 weeks later...

Time to work on the coil over conversion, this includes a new kingpin kit, updated Wilwood brakes, new bushings, plastic inner fenders with rubberized undercoating and powder coating all my bars and control arms. I also ceramic coated my new 3" stealth exhaust. I will get some more "after" photos up soon. These are my old Z32 brakes. You can also see parts of my power steering rack.

207813e4.jpg

262b014a.jpg

109c9d5f.jpg

42fb6ba7.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The 620 truck is back on the road! Thanks again to the hard work from my friends at R Rated Motorsports in Ontario. They installed all new coil overs which required a ton of cutting and welding. New Kingpin kit, new bushings for the sway bar, torsion bars, and control arms. Everthing was cleaned and powder coated to match. They even spent a full day adjusting my powersteering so I would get full turns without rubbing. The 400 lbs springs are OK on ride hieght, but now strong enough to support the heavier KA24DETs weight. Not to mention my own pounds I seem to keep packing on. Here are a few shots now that she back at home for a few test driving miles.

ab1f9225.jpg

Smashed springs when its on the ground equals no travel!

1a0f4da6.jpg

I love the new rear wilwood set up with e brake function! The 2 piece rotors are a nice touch too. Thanks to Juan at KE for the hookup on this set!

0f7eb251.jpg

Water - Methonol injection bed mounted bottle keeps the intake cool under boost.

9506cdd2.jpg

Notice the small injector with the black hose mounted direct to the throttle body intake pipe.

IMG_0732.jpg

Here is a full shot of the engine bay with all the new polished covers and turbo heat shield.

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

White face gauges, and AEM tru boost, oil pressure, volt meter and air/fuel gauges.

IMG_0737.jpg

These are my current seats and console that will soon be up for sale. I got a set of Acura power seats and a new custom designed/made console coming soon.

IMG_0739.jpg

This is a shot of the inner cooler.

e82c098a.jpg

If you need tuning on your ride I also recommend the professionals at http://bisimoto.com . Bisi set up my sponsored AEM ecu to run perfect!

Like what you see and got a project you need help with? Visit my friends at www.rratedmotorsports.com

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

arent you supposed to remove the toirson bars when you do the coilovers? they might still be cranked down low therefor compresing your shocks + unnecessary weight?

i remeber beebanis thread said that with his KA 350lbs was enough? might want to check in with the big man? are you using the promastar shocks?

Here are a few photos of my new ceramic coated exhaust and new Wilwood Rear Disc brakes. My team at R Rated plans to install my front end coil overs and new brakes tomorrow!

d46bb450.jpg

cb34dcdc.jpg

b77428b4.jpg

f0e3608d.jpg

b42a7098.jpg

10f1f985.jpg

78a7cbef.jpg

Question where can I get my exhaust system ceramic coated like yours?