KA24DE update and photos

Datsun Parts

Well the fabrication is finally done. I now need to tear it all out, polish, paint and clean it all up. The challenge will be to get all the wiring buttoned up. The pluming was a huge task. Routing the exhaust, power steering lines, transmission cooling lines, fuel hoses, radiator and heater hoses, A/C hoses, vac hoses, and cold air intake box took some real trail and error. Then more mods on the battery mount, throttle cable, dual fans, 4 row radiator filler, remote P/S res, and A/C compressor and radiator support frame. This project has been a lot of fun and still some work to do.

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Routing the exhaust, power steering lines, transmission cooling lines, fuel hoses, radiator and heater hoses, A/C hoses, vac hoses, and cold air intake box took some real trail and error. Then more mods on the battery mount, throttle cable, dual fans, 4 row radiator filler, remote P/S res, and A/C compressor and radiator support frame

Holy Crap!!. You fit all that in the 620 engine compartment!! :hyper:

Larry

Well this make take a little bit longer then I hoped for. There are what seems to be a million wires and to make them look clean, make sure they are hooked up right (1000 back and forth looks at the diagram) this is a bit of a project when I have about an hour a day of free time. I have to extend all the wiring that normally goes across the radiator about 2 feet and re-route them under the radiator. I get real anal about making sure it looks nice too so it will take some time.

This is the engine bay a few months ago with the LZ 2.3.

IMG_0903.jpg

Here it is today...

IMG_1761.jpg

I just sold my 240Z supercharged project today so that's one one less car to work on. If you have not see that here it is.

Engine1.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

I also listed my Turbo car for sale on ebay today too so now its just on to the 620!

IMG_1655.jpg

It looks like you are running a S14 KA ............... right?

I am currently re-wiring my S13 KA24DE in the 710.............. It has been about 35 hours just to un-tangle the mess of wires,,, and unwrapped everything........... .. Trying to mount the ECU under the dash, and hide ALL the wires....

Here is a good link for tucking the wiring haness through the intake manifold:

http://www.liquidmathematics.com/temp/EGR-Removal.pdf

It's an adobe pdf file........ but it shows everything that can be removed from the intake manifold.......... and once the wiring is tucked under the manifold everything looks cleaner.... ......... I cut a 1-3/4" hole in the firewall right behind the intake so you can't even see any wires

I have to extend all the wiring that normally goes across the radiator about 2 feet and re-route them under the radiator

Why?............. is it the coil wires?

The stock harness is WAY too long............... If you un-wrap half the wires you can gain enough slack to move the coil wires farther.... (I have 5 ft. of extra slack from under the dash to the coil............. that's the one set of wires that doesn't go through the intake mani.......... I routed them inside the cabin, across to the driver's side.... then inside the driver's side fender frame rail (by the hood release cable)

I am in about 10 hours just in wiring now and am ready to pull my hair out. Thanks for the advise and tips. The extension I referenced referred to was the headlight and parking lights. This will be a challenge I know! The rack was totally custom and will not be an option for just a kit. Requires a new steering joint too.

• 7 months later...

KA24DET Turbo conversion is coming along, getting the machine work finished up this week. Spent all day today removing all brake hard-lines. Since the turbo sits up where the Maser is I had to remove the booster. I am going with all custom stainless brake lines. I will post photos in the next few days.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so making a bit of progress FINALLY. Here is the lower view that shows my empty engine bay and a mess of wires. I posted this so you can have a better appreciation of the final result.

IMG_0190-2.jpg

Also running all new stainless brake lines front to rear.

IMG_0187-2.jpg

IMG_0188-2.jpg

New Drilled Rotors

IMG_0189-2.jpg

Super Clean Cut for the forged pistons

IMG_0186-2.jpg

IMG_0185-1.jpg

Prep for Glyptal Coating

IMG_0184-2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...