ROTA install

After seeing GreenGOONS wagoon with the ROTA wheels installed I finally order some 195/45/15 Nexen Tires.

I tried to order Cooper Zeons but theyre were no longer avail. I only was going to get these as they were cheaper and Made in the USA. I figure try to buy American if possible.

Anyways I got the tires mounted right after they showed up.

With great excitment I figure I would put them on and roll my beater to work with my new bling wheels so everybody would laught at me.

I put the front tire on and it clears the strut great and probaply a 195/50 would fit not proplem.

But then I bolt the rims on finding out the lugnuts I have are a bit to big to use a socket on there as it will scrape the hole.meaning socket edge hit the wheel. So I found some 19mm lugnuts.

Put the wheel on and now it just barely hits the steering joint(tierod),inside of the rim. I said, Fuck No Way. I need to buy spacers. Shit.

i called Jeff up(icehouse) and we discussed this then I said what if I removed the T3 bump steer spacers as they have the long ones being like 1.25in thick. He says I bet 100$ if you remove those Bumsteerspacers that it will fit.

Well I have a spare strut and A arm assemble in the garage and bolted it together and Low and behold the joint is now 1/4 in or more away from the back of the rim.

So when I PM GREENGOON he says they have +20mm offset rims also. That would have been nice to know before I got this +25 but remember this is a 510 strut. But I think I will remove the bumpsteerspacers.

also since the car has a slight positve camber removing the Spacer will move the A arm up thus making it more parallel with the road. which Im hoping will make the wheel near ZERO on the camber. thus not neede to buy camber plates. If anybody can conferm this. As before I smashed this car I had shorten struts lowered with the same spring and had perfect tire wear. and steered just fine.I just got to watch the swaybar as when you raise the A arm back up the TC rod will raise and almost hit the sway bar so I might still need a bumsteerspacer bu maybe a .75 or just a 1 in one if avail.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I took out the spacers last nite. Wheels fit perfect.

Now Im rolling down the street and women and children are throwing flowers at me.

somebody is going to steal these rims!!!!!!!datto510 PM me your number. I forgot my phone

Ha, the red carpet treatment. Awesome!

Invest in some wheel locks bro. So where's the pics?

I wasnt sure about the front tire being close to the strut. I did try to order soem Cooper Zeon's in 195 50 but hey were out so I went back to org pick of the 45s.

Dillon has Nitto 45s on his 510 and I like the stretched look but his is more stretched than mine.Differnt manufacture????? so every company is slightly different.

maybe should have got 205 in back, would have helped also. But if I drop the front 1.5 more Im sure it will look good.

Right now I can get the lowprofile jack under there barely hitting the airdam.

Now I have construction around my neiboorhood and roads al busted up. I dont want to lower it yet

Hainz- it looks great! I like the 45 series. I would have done those tires had it not been for the solid rear axle of the goon. Glad I motivated you to put them on. No use of having cool wheels sitting in the garage unloved. And I would not call your car a pos. It has lots of character the way a dime should!

As far as bumps steer spacers, I have a set that I was going to put on but maybe I should re look at the clearance issues. It rides and handles pretty good without them.

Duncan, if I remember right the ZX struts are 1" (or so) narrower which means you can handle a lower offset. The cars that run 0 offset wheels have ZX struts usually. Id have to do some calculations to see if the +20s would work without a spacer but I think the +12s would easily fit.

Duncan, if I remember right the ZX struts are 1" (or so) narrower which means you can handle a lower offset. The cars that run 0 offset wheels have ZX struts usually. Id have to do some calculations to see if the +20s would work without a spacer but I think the +12s would easily fit.

Thanks. I have a project I'm working on, and I like the front wheels tucked in as much as possible. I have the struts in the garage but don't have them on the car yet.

• 9 months later...

I think it's 3/4" narrower on each side

I just did the 280zx swap, I measured before and after, and it did bring the wheels in 3/4". CONFIRMED