Scored another 510

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The story on this car:

I saw it in 2001 at ocean beach safeway in SF.......... some 75yr old woman driving it........ I walked up and asked her to roll down the window,,, she hardly craked the window, and I asked, "Do you want to sell this Datsun?"

She almost ran over my foot as she rolled up the window and said, "NO!"

In 2005 I saw her again..... and it had a dent in the pass front fender,,, and almost a flat tire......... this time I had my 510, and I didn't scare her as much....... gave her my number (but she never called back)...

Anyway I saw that car every few months at that safeway parking lot........ .. it has NO rust...

I swear the old lady only drove it 2 miles a week,,, because she was always taking the bus, and just leaving the 510 at safeway all day....

She must of had a garage too,,, , because the ocean air would have rusted that thing

Deffinately the cleanest guranteed grandma car I've seen in person......... a pic from 2005:

ratsum.JPG

Maybe it's not the same car,,,,,,,, because it looks like your car is a manual not automatic.......... unless Derux swapped that?

It has the identical scratch/dent under the drivers side tailight though

Derux's friend said it was the same car in another thread after I said, "old lady from SF"....... but now I'm curious if it really is the same car

Congrats on the new dime. I can't believe it took so long for that car to sell. Looks like a sweet car for a good price. Nice score. I am glad it is staying here on Ratsun.

What plans are you making for it?

Keep it stock, modify it? Engine swap?

Congrats on the new dime. I can't believe it took so long for that car to sell. Looks like a sweet car for a good price. Nice score. I am glad it is staying here on Ratsun.

What plans are you making for it?

Keep it stock, modify it? Engine swap?

Thanks. I was looking at buying a different 510 and I guess DeRux bumped his thread at the right time. I'll probably lower it , put some wheels and slap a bluebird grill on it. Nothing major anytime soon. I want to be able to enjoy it for a while before I get into any swaps. I'll save whatever I take off it incase I want to change it back to it's present state.

e2570364.jpg

Sounds good. When I got my stocker back in 2005(same blue as yours with the same blue interior), I planned to do a VG swap from day one. But the car was so nice in stock condition that I just drove it like that for 3 years enjoying it. For whatever reason, I just could not bring myself to modify it. Finally, I yanked the L16 and the VG project was started.

Enjoy that sweet dime and start a project thread when you start making changes.

Very nice score!!! It took me 1 year to get my 510 2 door in Palm Springs. I'm a RX3, RX7 FB rotary guy, but RX3 is a lot rare than 510's. I have a buddy who always love 510 and race it in SCCA and convince me to sell my RX7 and get a 510 pre- 1973 so I don't have to pay for smog anymore. Best suggestion ever. I just throw in my engine and what a combination, 510 suspensions and the power of my favorite engine and like it was meant to be. Every time I go to the SevenStock Rotary Car show Rotorheads love it. SevenStock always have Tod Kaneko's 1973 510 and Kelvin Hiraishi 510 1971 in show case. Kelvin's is one of the coolest guy to talk to about Datsun/Nissan and Mazda Rotary. Here is a photo of Kelvin's dream garage, very COOL!!!

http://datsun510.com...=3063&cat=3589_

If your interested to checkout Sevenstock Rotary CarShow on Sept. 18th here is the website: http://sevenstock.org/

I have seen Mario Lozano at Toespeed Fabrication several times at the show.

Very nice score!!! It took me 1 year to get my 510 2 door in Palm Springs. I'm a RX3, RX7 FB rotary guy, but RX3 is a lot rare than 510's. I have a buddy who always love 510 and race it in SCCA and convince me to sell my RX7 and get a 510 pre- 1973 so I don't have to pay for smog anymore. Best suggestion ever. I just throw in my engine and what a combination, 510 suspensions and the power of my favorite engine and like it was meant to be. Every time I go to the SevenStock Rotary Car show Rotorheads love it. SevenStock always have Tod Kaneko's 1973 510 and Kelvin Hiraishi 510 1971 in show case. Kelvin's is one of the coolest guy to talk to about Datsun/Nissan and Mazda Rotary. Here is a photo of Kelvin's dream garage, very COOL!!!

http://datsun510.com...=3063&cat=3589_

If your interested to checkout Sevenstock Rotary CarShow on Sept. 18th here is the website: http://sevenstock.org/

I have seen Mario Lozano at Toespeed Fabrication several times at the show.

TRUE..Kelvin is the coolest guy ...very nice guy...he has RHD Rx3,RHD fairlady aswell...