rear spoiler

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its actually made for the 510, really old i used to see them alot when i was a kid and in the early 90's. I had to fix it but its just fiberglass i got lucky and scored it for 30 bucks with some other parts that a guy was getting rid of after he sold his rotary dime. I felt like i was in a 90's flashback lol. The guy had so many old things, box flare kits and stuff. I just wanted my dime to be a lil bit different so i figured why not with the spoiler. Even though i think im going to switch trunks with the black dime.

Spoilers were race proven to help add some downward force at 180. Like all things NASCAR/NHRA it has filtered down to the average Joe on the street who wants bolt on image. For the street they are as useless as cross drilled rotors and rear disc brakes. For image they are invaluable.

For image they are invaluable.

nail.gif

That thing doesnt make any downforce till a speed you dont get to! Dont be an idiot, what you may think you notice is the placebo effect! Your front spoiler is the only thing you have done aerodynamicly thats worth a shit...

Definately Fuckin Cool Lookin Though!

Totally agree, your dad's a smart guy. I agree about the front spoiler too. It's actually functional at street speeds. It makes a car more aerodynamic, prevents power robbing air turbulence/drag under the car, causing a low pressure under the car instead, which helps draw hot rad air from the engine compartment. (will not noticeably hold the car to the track at most street speeds :lol:)

Just my opinion: You can run a front spoiler by itself (and get away with it) better than a rear spoiler by itself. If you run a rear spoiler you should run a front one to remove that 'awkward look'. Just remember your car did not come from the factory with one so it will look strange to everyone else. Just like cams and carbs, bigger isn't better so keep you spoiler minimal for the most pleasing look.

See i like the looks of a good spoiler on a car, some cars it looks good, some it doesnt. Like take the 02-06 altima, the car is ok without a spoiler, but the lil se-r altima lip makes the car look a HELL of alot better from side and rear angles. I wanted my 510 to be a lil different than the ones that did have spoilers (specially the whale tails, and plus i have a front air damn so it evened the look out on the car.

anybody know where i can find a bre gunrack for my goon, or any other corny ass shit that i can glue onto my ride. also would love to find a " turd furgeson....its a funny name" bumper sticker

Your wheels stick out too far :rolleyes:

anybody know where i can find a bre gunrack for my goon, or any other corny ass shit that i can glue onto my ride. also would love to find a " turd furgeson....its a funny name" bumper sticker

Customizing adds a little uniqueness,Although I like a clean stock looking dime it would be quite boring if everyone had the imagination of a STUMP!!!!

I'm all for uniqueness and expressing yourself. But I don't have to like the results. Just look at chicks with tattoos. Christ on crutches they pick the cheesiest, inappropriate shit and look like total duchebags. In fifty years time morticians will shake their heads and say "here's another from the early 2000s". ... but again, I digress. If it was a Honda or some other POS I wouldn't care so much but on cars I have such an interest in I hate to see someone use it as a canvas to 'express themselves' . Just like tattoos, changes and add-ons should be somewhat reserved in nature, tastefully in harmony with the whole car. Not like a set of huge $1400 chrome spinner rims. These rims are nice, real nice.

IMG_2224.jpg

The spoiler, meh, could be worse. If the car has a front one to balance it out I give it a pass.

This is only an opinion and doesn't mean shit to anyone else. Paint you car with pok-a-dots if you want. You'll think it's cool and I'll think your.....

because there are so many 510's exceeding 100mph :rolleyes:

:hmm: arent theyre mandaory for FWD ricers?

Roll your eyes all you want....I have done 100 plus in my 510 very quickly several times (this week)...Im actually thinking about the real mild one for down force....not sure if it will help but I like the look. And yes to a point I agree Ricer this ricer that....but after all, our cars are ricer too ha ha old crusty ass rice

• Like 1

I have done 100 plus in my 510 very quickly several times (this week)...

I like the look.

:rolleyes: quickly :rolleyes: STILL doesnt justify a need. :mellow:

i also exceed the limits frequently( :sneaky: OK all the time), & often sustained for miles.

w/a good suspension, i dont have the floaty feel or tracking issues in the grooves.

a smooth road is amazing at 115+ :hyper:

besides, it does nothing for the way my sedan is set up for the canyons.

as long as theyre not obnoxious (i prefer a subtle look on a 510) then they can look good.

For a small rear spoiler, I have seen the one from a BMW installed onto a 510.

They are not a perfect fit but are pretty close.

I have seen pics of them on 510s but can't find any of the pics at the moment.

They came on the E30 BMWs.

Stock E30 spoiler looks like this one:

30596510010_large.jpg

500x_npocpe30rear.jpg

If you do a search on google for BMW E30 rear spoiler, there are quite a few different kinds that show up. Here is one I kind of like.

4144kam-R1-012-4A.jpg

4144kam-R1-016-6A.jpg

4144kam-R1-026-11A.jpg

4144kam-R1-014-5A.jpg

Or the E30 M3 spoiler

1991_BMW_E30_M3_Alpine_White_Rear_1.jpg