All out datsun noobie.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was working on the carb today. Tightening up some stuff. And I think it might be looking for a new alt. I may be wrong I migt just have to tighten the belt a tad but it makes the famous lose belt squeal but it also makes a feint screeching whistle type noice when it running 15-20k rpm.

I'm cleaning the oil filter tomorrow, possibly finding a new fuel filter as well.

After that I need to look for new suspension and new front glass. My wind shield is pretty foggy and it's deadly when glare hits it. It has some speakers in it already and my buddy said he had some stuff he could give me to set it up.

There is some rust.... Ohhhh the rust.

It's in a lot of places, no where crucial but still it's rust.

The list goes on. More pictures soon, I'll probably have to move this post to a different place.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

- D

we were warned about you!

lol

... also makes a feint screeching whistle type noice when it running 15-20k rpm.

Hey man, you're doing pretty good if you can get up around 15-20k. Nevermind the whistle, just watch out for flying pistons :lol:

But seriously, that's an awesome 521 you snagged. Mine's the same color, but without the gold stripe. Can't wait to see what you do with this treasure :)

If it were mine, I'd paint those wheels to match the gold stripe. That'd be dooooooope. ;)

i really like the color, its a cool little truck.Would look better a little lower not slamed (im just not into cars draging on the ground) just enough to clean up the room between the tires and fenders. Do you plan to stay with the stock wheels or what are you thinking? If so i like the idea of painting them the same color as the gold stripe.

if you do need a new alt you might want to look into http://community.ratsun.net/topic/18218-how-to-install-a-saturn-alt/

makes your lights brighter and you can run a bit more of a stereo.