The Ron Burgandy 2 door

Icehouse

I got an iPhone so I can take pics all the time now :D Me and Frank started on a 2 door he bought a few months ago. We didn't want to start it until the title was in the clear and it seems to be now. The car was in a front end wreck, the driver hit a rock wall. :eek: Besides the smash its a really nice car. All new rubber, the seats have been redone, the headliner is new, tach.... The damage was to bad to pull so we saved the front off a free parts car we got a few weeks ago. (before I got my phone so no pics) It was from Florida aka rusted to hell! The PO was trying to do a ka swap so it came with a few goodies :D Anyways pics are always the best part :D

Check out how rusted the upper frame rail on the Florida car was :eek: Lucky for use the smash didn't distort the upper rail :D

IMG_0035.JPG

The lower frame rail and TC rode got the worst of the damage.

IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

The piece that's going in :D

IMG_0031.JPG

The PO's attempt and fixing some holes in the inner wells on the drivers side.... We're not going for perfection but damn that is shitty!

IMG_0040.JPG

Haha At this point I didn't know how long is was going to get the car back together :D

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

Fitting the new piece :blink:

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

zapping the welds back together :D

IMG_0038.JPG

We got a little farther but I didn't get a pic before I left.... I will get some next time I am up there.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

frank the zappa!!

I am so glad something is getting done with that car. The headliner cost a few owners ago $450. Super nice.

Dude Jeff the pics on your phone are super nice.

Yeah that 510 is super nice, its like a new car on the inside... minus the door and rear pannels... hopefully we can get some good ones in there.

I couldn't believe the quality either! With low light they still turn out, a must for Washington :D

Good work Jeff. Congrats on the new cell/camera too.

hehe I like it :D

I use my iPhone for photos all the time. The quality is amazing for a phone. Nice work Jeff and Frank!!

what version is yours? I have the 1.1.2 so I can't crack it :( I'm sure they will find a way soon :D

2eDeYe;32823']iPhone? You bastard! :D

Nice work on that corner. That rail was holy...

Yep the iPhone :D haha You may have a classy car but I have a classy phone :D

Dude me and Frank did a lot of debating on what to cut and where. The work is more time consuming than anything. I'm just glad the upper frame rail was still good. Getting the floor back to where it belong took Frank and a 2lbs beater :D It the fitting part turned out really good though :D

you guys surely have saved enough datsuns so far to earn a spot in Datsun heaven! You must save ALL of them!!!! lol.

My cousin used to say "Jeff you can't save them all." With me and Frank teamed up we can :D

I wish I had the balls to take on such a big job on a datto, looks great!

Just get one that is going to the scrap yard then its no loss if the project fails :D I hate when its a runner and it gets turned into a none runner :( Motor swaps kill as many as they save :( :( With everyone combined we can save them all :D I also love saving one that everyone says to just crush or send to the junk yard. Hainz told me to scrap my 68 because it was to rusty!!! Then after I got it back together he tells me not to drive it in the rain....:blink: haha I love saving datto's :D Me and Frank had a similar conversation and realized all the datto's at his place were on there way to China to be turned into kia's :( we saved them all :D

More progress :D almost done :D :D

Fenders on... some rust to fix :(

valence needing some loving

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

Sanding sucks!!

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

with a little work it looks so much better!

IMG_0058.JPG

Coke break :D

IMG_0052.JPG

Prime time

IMG_0054.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

One step closer :D

IMG_0063.JPG

Possibly a Scirrocco? Ryan had one i think...:rolleyes:

I think he said golf but can't be for sure.... All the VW ones are kinda the same just different widths. We have a VR6 one and its damn near identical. I guess the cooling could be better....

any chance you can move to aus and start on all our cars

Australia? Damn I would in a heart beat! I tried to get Baz to hire me at his shop years ago. I told him he could pay me with beer sigs and room and board :D I think he thought I was joking :D I was serious though :D Now I'm a little more settled.... It would have been fun :D