Boise 510 Killed

NOOOOO FUCKING WAY!!!!

oh im soo fucking pissed off! sue that cumdumpster for all she fucking has. people like that who get in to accidents like this should have their licenses revoked permanently and the part of their brain that lets em drive removed...

fuck mee.... this makes me livid...

i hope you get some big payout on this andy. i feel for ya man. everyday when i drive the truck im scared that this could happen...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the guy in the photo is actually Gary Savage. He did that amazing damage after he went off course during a hill climb event.

49Larison4.jpg

His car after it was fixed

49Post_Larison.jpg

Yup that's not me in the pic, but i wish the car was mine. I guess the Boise 510s B pillar is more crushed but still looks fixable.

Gensaiken, I didn't know you had dat510.com. I saw you were from Portland on the website but never saw your sig. I've been looking at your site for ideas on my car. I like your seats. End of threadjack.

Yup that's not me in the pic, but i wish the car was mine. I guess the Boise 510s B pillar is more crushed but still looks fixable.

Gensaiken, I didn't know you had dat510.com. I saw you were from Portland on the website but never saw your sig. I've been looking at your site for ideas on my car. I like your seats. End of threadjack.

Yep, thats my site. It needs an update. My 510 was from portland but I don't live up there.

What hillclimb was that taken at?

I ran Mary's Peak in my Lotus 61 a few years back.

- Doug

I believe it is Larison hillclimb.

Why is it that the innocent Datsun always gets fucked up?!! :blink:

Cause they're never guilty wacko.gif

Actually, that car looks quite fixable. I'm not seeing any significant damage to the roof or floor so it may not be too hard for a body shop to send it back out the door.

Damn dude that sux!!! I just saw this car a week or two ago. We were going in opposite directions on fairview ave. I was in my ratty 521. Car was sick!!! 510s are pretty scarce around Boise so I was happy as a pig in sh!t to see one that nice. Sorry to hear man about this travesty. She should get raked over the coals for this. She prolly was a cheating whore... Sounds just like my ex wife lol.

Hey guys thanx for all the support. I would have gotten on this thread earlier but sick just told me about it tonight. The funny thing is a every time a my friend and I are in a vehicle together and see someone make an idot move we play male or female. They are overwhelmingly female! anyway I wont hear from her insurance until monday ( I'm not waiting for them). Oh and they gave her leaving the scene, only a misdemeanor :( . Greengo I will call you tomorrow. And yes I told the insurance company they will not be totaling the car out because the car is worthless with a reconstruct title. I am now being forced to restore my dime!!!

Hummers are the most worthless vehicles on the planet for a number of reasons. They can't even carry as much as a Suburban. Everyone who drives one is out to prove something...that they are a dumb ass! This makes me hate their drivers even more.

And I agree with FarmerJoe: everytime I drive my dime I think "see me, don't hit me, I'm in a bright green car for god's sake!" People are FN morons.

I think you can fix it. You can make it better than it was!

"Cumdumpster", nice! :lol:

I heard from the insurance company on the 510. Those assholes tried to value my car at $710. Does anyone know were I could find an all original parts matching 510 in moderate condition that I can pick up for that far under $4000? That would be bad ass. Fucking retards

I told them I thought it was worth $3600 because that is what NADA said but they just brushed it off so I sent myself a bunch of CL ads of much more expensive 510's I'm gonna bitch slap them with that!!!

I'd consider talking to lawyer as its going to start getting costly, if they dont wana settle for the NADA value then I'd go for double of that just cause. Make sure to emphasize on the fact its now a classic car and is getting super hard to replace. I wouldnt say its a dino ferrari, but I know some of these datsuns are harder to find then vettes or stangs.

(This is just me speaking, you might tell them you want it fixed and they cover the cost.. know any good shops in the area?)

Japanese collector cars have seen strong gains in Values. I'd push hard for the full retail NADA value.

Here is a brief article from Hagerty from last year about Japan Cars:

Marketwatch: Price index of Japanese collector cars

Dave Kinney / 2009-10-22

Those who follow the big collector car auctions in the U.S. and Europe are generally surprised and enthused when they see a vintage Japanese car consigned. It's not too often that they pop up in the auction world. But based on what we’ve been seeing lately, we don’t anticipate that to be the case for much longer.

We were all stunned three years ago when a fairly nondescript, but beautifully preserved light-blue '66 Toyota Corona sedan sold for a whopping $16,000 at the Silver Auction in Fort McDowell, Ariz. The same car sold again in May 2009 for $36,000 at the Mecum Indy sale, as part of a collection owned by the estate of Milwaukee Toyota dealer Jack Safro. In a market where many investments were losing money, the Corona appreciated more than 100 percent.

As a matter of fact, all of the cars in the Safro collection did quite well, including a nicely restored FJ40 Land Cruiser, another early Corona sedan and coupe and a rare first-gen Celica Supra. It's the same nearly everywhere a nicely preserved or restored vintage Japanese car crosses the block: In 2008, at a sale in Monte Carlo, a red Honda S600 roadster sold for $42,000; at Barrett-Jackson last January, a 1972 Honda Z600 sold for $27,500; and we’ve heard of 1967 low-windshield Datsun 2000 roadsters selling privately in the thirties.

New all-Japanese car shows are regularly popping up, mostly in California. At Hagerty's Cars That Matter, we continue to add vintage Japanese cars to the price guide. As far as we know, we're the first to index the trend in this "emerging market" and what we see looks pretty good. The blue chip Toyota 2000GT is way up from its 2006 value, and has enjoyed a marked increase recently after a year of relative inactivity. We've broken that out in a separate index to show that the more affordable Toyotas and Datsuns weathered the economic storm quite well, with overall values up 10-15 percent from 2006. We’ll be keeping our eye on early cars from the Land of the Rising Sun.

That's terrible. :( Insurance companies can be a mess to deal with, fight back tooth and nail, look for examples of other cars for sale and send them links, look for auction info, and get a lawyer involved. A friend had to fight to get insurance to fix his two owner '69 Polara 4-door a number of years ago, in the end he got them to pay for an entire rear clip to be shipped to Ohio from Washington State and a professional restoration shop to repair the entire back half of his car (similar deal- rear ended by an SUV going way too fast).

Good luck. That looks like it was a nice 510 pre-hit. :(

I just got off the phone with the adjuster again and even after asking them to revalue the car as a classic they are telling me they only have to pay the cash value of the car. I have never heard of anything being paid out other than the replacement value. I have been around body shops my whole life, my pops is a body tech, so i know this is wrong.