Santa Clara Monthly Last Thurs of Every Month Meet

71DIMER

HELP....! anybody that is going tonight have a 77-79 passanger side axle for my 620or a complete rear end for that year spread??? PLEASE I need one lost an axle bearing and it welded itself to the axle and is NOT able to be saved so any help would be great :)

Clayton

Ay'yay Captain!! I think someone parted one out too. I'll ask and if so I'll shoot you a call.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been there at least 4 times through out the year and every time I go it's like this.

So you have only been there the last 4 months when all our meets are ( a ) during daylight saving hour (colder, raining, etx) and ( b ) near or around holidays so the turnout is usually a lot less due to these things

No one there and everyone is very segregated. I'm like wtf ?

How can there be 'no one there' but yet it's very segregated? The definition of segregation is to forcefully keep things separate, which is totally not true.

I've been to EVERY meet since these meets started, and I can't honestly remember ever seeing you or your car out there. The only time I remember seeing your car was at Troy's at his birthday get together and the turn out for that was way less than any of our meets so I guess by your definition that must have sucked ass too. If it wasn't for someone telling me that you were out there, then I wouldn't have even known you were there at this last meet.

This meet has been great from all the feedback I've heard from the guys that are there month in and month out. Those are who this meet is for, and I have come to consider many of them friends because of that but we always welcome new guys or those that can only make it when their schedule permits but if you're coming out expecting a huge summer time crowd at every meet or you're just not outgoing enough to talk to others so you don't feel segregated them maybe this meet isn't for you, plain and simple.

I've been there at least 4 times through out the year and every time I go it's like this. No one there and everyone is very segregated. I'm like wtf ? My friend went there like a year ago and said it was poppin. And for me and the forth time being there it was not.

So dont go back! you wont be missed.

Part of the meet is just getting together with friends from the Datsun community, but maybe you havent figured that part out yet... just sayin

This meet sucks ass ! Never bringing my 510 again

WOW fellas ! looks like the south bay meet HAD it very first "hater" not bad outa the several YEARS...month after month of good times!! huh!

all I gotta say is...Mario and Gus are right! Holidays were here and people have families in town! I wanna say "your not welcome back" but thats not how us south bayers roll... Its obvious you need some "love" buddy!!! so come on back!! we will "love" ya cuz thats how fricken cool every single southbay dimer is!!! what other meet are you gonna get pizza...cookies...and cupcakes at dude???? no where!!

are you the one who did the lame ass burn-out??

flame me all you want!! south bay dimers can handle it !

Darrin is a cool guy and somebody I would consider a friend of mine and everyone is intitled to their opinion I feel the same way as him sometimes but I have kinda come to expect that maybe the turn out isnt going to be the best but I go because my friends are there and you never know who or how many people are going to show up... I too have been both disappointed and surprised

Clayton

Darrin is a cool guy and somebody I would consider a friend of mine and everyone is intitled to their opinion I feel the same way as him sometimes but I have kinda come to expect that maybe the turn out isnt going to be the best but I go because my friends are there and you never know who or how many people are going to show up... I too have been both disappointed and surprised

Clayton

Yeah I hear you Clayton but there's a world of difference between being disappointed and surprised like any of us can be and coming off sounding like a bratty kid by saying you're not taking your car back to the meet because it didn't meet your expectations. I'm just calling it like it is.

When I first started this meet it was in the mirror image of what I saw first hand at the San Diego meets, where they meet EVERY week, and sometimes there's only a handful of cars out there, literally just a few guy so I figured this might be the same way when I first started them. Sometimes they're huge and that's great but other times for various reasons (we all have them) the turn out is a lot smaller so but I know there'll always be the die hard guys who are ALWAYS out there month in and month out (Myself, Nick, Gustavo, William, Hector, just to name a few) and I consider that a good meet to see them again. Others who come out a lot less regularly do so for their own reasons but it's always great to see anyone who can make it.

But in the end, if anyone feels like this meet 'sucks ass' or needs some sort of extra attention to feel special, please just stay home.

But in the end, if anyone feels like this meet 'sucks ass' or needs some sort of extra attention to feel special, please just stay home.

Mario you suck!! Unless you heat up the January meet with a little extra attention .... uummm.. say a wet T-Shirt Contest then I guess I am staying home!

3573122811_b881794d1e.jpg

:thumbup:

Mario you suck!! Unless you heat up the January meet with a little extra attention .... uummm.. say a wet T-Shirt Contest then I guess I am staying home!

3573122811_b881794d1e.jpg

:thumbup:

LOL!!!

I have been attending these monthly meets for the past few years with my 83 Toyota Celica gts and was kind of the black sheep for awhile among all the Datsuns. I was very warmly welcomed at these meets and now they have morphed into a gathering of any make of old school Japanese car and at times even some old school British cars and some nicely restored Ford Pintos.(Didn't know they were a Japanese brand) but interesting none the less. If anyone was to feel slighted it would have been me crashing the early meets with an "off brand" at the time. I have found that the attendees have a passion for their "dimes" and will talk your ears off explaining all that has been done and what they want to do to make them better and then it's "Tell me about your car". For the "disgruntled" who feel they didn't receive the attention they think they deserve. you just can't park and stand next to your car and expect people to drool all over it and you. Making acquaintances is part of the fun off these meets and you need to at least walk around and say hi and not think that the meet revolves around you just because you showed up. Like life if you meet some group that isn't for you then look somewhere else for like minded individuals that you are comfortable with and hang with them. As with any group you never know who is going to show up from month to month. The winter months are a little less attended than the summer months with some meets having over 60 cars. Oh and did I forget to mention the chocolate chip cookies and cupcakes that Mario bakes and hands out? LOL ! Next time someone bring the milk.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys it's almost time for this years first end of the month meet so bring out your jacket to keep warm on these cold winter months!

I'll keep an eye out on the weather looking out for the chances of rain (aka no meet if it rains)

WHAT:Nor Cal South Bay Old School Imports Meet

WHERE:3605 El Camino Real, Santa Clara CA (Starbuck's parking lot)

WHEN:Last Thursday of EVERY month 6pm until whenever

Ok guys it's almost time for this years first end of the month meet so bring out your jacket to keep warm on these cold winter months!

I'll keep an eye out on the weather looking out for the chances of rain (aka no meet if it rains)

WHAT:Nor Cal South Bay Old School Imports Meet

WHERE:3605 El Camino Real, Santa Clara CA (Starbuck's parking lot)

WHEN:Last Thursday of EVERY month 6pm until whenever

What?? No meet if it rains?? :blink: We've been there in the rain last year and I'll still be there if it rains! :P

What?? No meet if it rains?? :blink: We've been there in the rain last year and I'll still be there if it rains! :P

Yeah I know...there's plenty of guys that would show up but the majority won't so I don't want this meet to 'suck ass' anymore so if there's only going to be the regulars you all know the day/time/place...I'll be there!