Santa Clara Monthly Last Thurs of Every Month Meet

71DIMER

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GREAT weather, cars, people equals a aweseome turn out tonight! There were easily over 40 cars tonight and finally a good representation from other makes besides Dasuns. I saw at least 3-4 European cars, some cool Mazda's, a matching pair of Starions/Conquests, Toyotas, and of course Datsuns.

Hope those that were snapping pictures away will post pics, I was to busy talking and handing out the wife's homemade cupcakes!

The cupcakes rocked! Thanks for sending some home with us!!! -Ash

:thumbup: AGAIN !! LOTS OF SMILES AND COOL ASS RIDES!!! :thumbup:

Thanks Gus for the awsome pics AGAIN... what would we do without you brother!?!?

Mario .. you sure know how to keep us coming out with the desserts! thanks man! (i still think your ride is in the top 2)

Stupid fast..was nice to put a face to a name and finally meet you!..nice wagon too

I agree ! That was the most diverse meet yet..Alot of unusual yet cool rides!...It was soo fun! :)

the only thing ide change is positioning of the cars!..i like when everyone backs in..and takes one spot per car..they are little imports so doors can fully open without hitting adjacent cars..i know its just a meet, and not a show..but the thread pictures (in my opinion) look better when were a little more organized...

I guess along with the normal "car meet etiquette"

-No revving

-No blaring stereos

-No burnouts

-No speeding / pulls in the parking lot

we should add "please back into one spot"

I dunno..WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK??:unsure:

:thumbup: AGAIN !! LOTS OF SMILES AND COOL ASS RIDES!!! :thumbup:

Thanks Gus for the awsome pics AGAIN... what would we do without you brother!?!?

Mario .. you sure know how to keep us coming out with the desserts! thanks man! (i still think your ride is in the top 2)

Stupid fast..was nice to put a face to a name and finally meet you!..nice wagon too

I agree ! That was the most diverse meet yet..Alot of unusual yet cool rides!...It was soo fun! :)

the only thing ide change is positioning of the cars!..i like when everyone backs in..and takes one spot per car..they are little imports so doors can fully open without hitting adjacent cars..i know its just a meet, and not a show..but the thread pictures (in my opinion) look better when were a little more organized...

I guess along with the normal "car meet etiquette"

-No revving

-No blaring stereos

-No burnouts

-No speeding / pulls in the parking lot

we should add "please back into one spot"

I dunno..WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK??:unsure:

Yup, was nice to talk to and meet everyone!

Hmm about backing in and taking one space, yes unless you've got a kenmeri. laugh.gif

I think it would be great for some cool angle shots, but don't forget this isn't a car show, we're in a public parking lot so we can't always expect that section of parking lot to be completely empty to line up our cars a certain way. We've been lucky so far in that the business that's next to 'our spot' closes early so the only traffic going on there is the usual overflow of the Starbucks.

If anyone wants to remind people to park a certain way, please by all means knock yourself out, it's good enough that we get such a good turn out month after month, and that's what is more important I think :P

Gustavo, thanks for the pictures man, without you posting it just wouldn't be the same. I used to take lots of pictures but then got tired of people complaining about not enough or something or other so it does get a bit annoying, lets see if those that callout for more pictures will actually take it upon themselves to do just that and put up or shut up right? Not to mention that it killed my photobucket account....so how many accts do you have now from posting all these pictures? :)

I think it would be great for some cool angle shots, but don't forget this isn't a car show, we're in a public parking lot so we can't always expect that section of parking lot to be completely empty to line up our cars a certain way. We've been lucky so far in that the business that's next to 'our spot' closes early so the only traffic going on there is the usual overflow of the Starbucks.

If anyone wants to remind people to park a certain way, please by all means knock yourself out, it's good enough that we get such a good turn out month after month, and that's what is more important I think :P

Gustavo, thanks for the pictures man, without you posting it just wouldn't be the same. I used to take lots of pictures but then got tired of people complaining about not enough or something or other so it does get a bit annoying, lets see if those that callout for more pictures will actually take it upon themselves to do just that and put up or shut up right? Not to mention that it killed my photobucket account....so how many accts do you have now from posting all these pictures? :)

:frantics: Dammit! the lights arent bright enough...the sound needs equilized...if all the actors in this production would just do as i say..I could direct this show and the show would be great!!.. How are we supposed to gross 10 million at the box office going on like this!! LOL

Your absolutely right Mario! " count your blessings" and " see the glass half full".. I get that!...I guess im just used to the way this meet used to be..( all photogenic ) now that its grown :) quanity when it comes to old school imports..is a beautiful thing...thanks!

:frantics: Dammit! the lights arent bright enough...the sound needs equilized...if all the actors in this production would just do as i say..I could direct this show and the show would be great!!.. How are we supposed to gross 10 million at the box office going on like this!! LOL

Your absolutely right Mario! " count your blessings" and " see the glass half full".. I get that!...I guess im just used to the way this meet used to be..( all photogenic ) now that its grown :) quanity when it comes to old school imports..is a beautiful thing...thanks!

Hahaha...yeah no kidding we need a director, I'm just in charge of casting!

You definately are the man for the job!...see ya at the next one if i dont decide to tear her apart for the well needed LSD ..rear sub bushings and clutch!..gonna tear the interior out and install my new carpet kit aswell...then shampoo those seats finally...lol

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys...sorry I got really busy with school. I will be coming out this week! unfortunately I have my Datsun and the kit car down in LA. As I said I do my GTO. It's an 06...before I ask for directions, I'll search for the "secret spot".

Gonna make it tomorrow if all goes well, and force my brother to bring his 280zx.

Does anyone have a single point distributor? I am in need of one, it would be great if I could pick it up locally.

distributor for an L series? what motor? I may have one for an L16 out in my pile..lol..lemme check

yup..i polished the housing on it back when i had my L16..looks good! should be worth 10 bucks huh? ill bring it with me to the meet!

I highly doubt I'll make it today. Like a dumb ass, I forgot I had a class tonight. I don't get off till 8...then I have to study for an oh-so-important final that's on Friday.

FML

But I really wanted to talk Datsun. I want to sell the old Mercedes I have in LA and with the possible 8-10K go on a spending spree! I really need to take more care of the 710. Having said that, I plan on building my way up, Willwood brakes, complete suspension setup, and if the money allows, a new motor. (not that anything is wrong with the old one, but a new race motor sounds like fun!) I just need to sell the Merc. Any bids?