Santa Clara Monthly Last Thurs of Every Month Meet

71DIMER

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any z's show up to the meet? I didnt see any in the pics

Yes Z's show up. The pictures don't always show all the cars that make it out (call it picture-prejudice!) :P

So come on down and take pics of your favorites and make sure to post them! :)

WHAT:Nor Cal South Bay Old School Import Meet

WHERE:3605 El Camino Real, Santa Clara CA (Starbuck's parking lot)

WHEN:Last Thursday of EVERY month 7pm until whenever

I'm driving over an hour to this meet tonight (its still on for tonight correct?) . So I just want to make sure I have the correct time and address. Its gonna be my first outing. :)

I'm driving over an hour to this meet tonight. So I just want to make sure I have the correct time and address. Its gonna be my first outing. :)

That's the place, it's a big parking lot for OSH, Lucky's, some resturant, a credit union and Starbuck's...see you there!

***EDIT***

By the way, the meets start at 6pm...we did start them later when the daylight time changes but it's just easier to stick to 6pm. :)

WHAT:Nor Cal South Bay Old School Import Meet

WHERE:3605 El Camino Real, Santa Clara CA (Starbuck's parking lot)

WHEN:Last Thursday of EVERY month 7pm until whenever

I'm driving over an hour to this meet tonight (its still on for tonight correct?) . So I just want to make sure I have the correct time and address. Its gonna be my first outing. :)

I wll be there around 5:30 or ealyer and some otehr guys get there early too

It was a perfect night out and it turned out to be a GREAT turnout! I would guess there were easily 40+ cars there throughout the night, plenty of regulars (except Jimmy) and lots of new cars/folks so it was pretty cool. Unfortunately since I was too busy talking to folks (and I didn't stay to the end) I didn't take any pictures so if any of you that were there did please post them up.

On another note, I have to remind all of you to please do not leave your hoods openned and unnattended, it's ok to open it when you want to show it to some guys/gals but just don't leave it open and walk away. Santa Clara considers that a car show and would require a permit, so let's just not give the cash strapped city any opportunity to start writing out tickets.

Also not saying anyone does this but as a reminder let's not over do it reving our engines, playing loud music, and definitely no burn outs on the way in or out. This meet's been going on for years now and I for one would like to keep this meet going police crackdown-free!

Ok that's the end of my party-pooper speech. :P

• Like 1

What a nice night last night for the monthly meet. It was nice not to be all bundled up in our snuggies to ward off the chill in the night air. Lots of nice cars and of course all the old school fans to meet up with and see what everyone has been up to. I also want to say I didn't know that a 1972 Citroen was a Japanese make,lol. It was an interesting car to check out up close and personal and it is very nice that there are a variety of old school imports starting to show up for a nice bit of diversity. Thanks to Mario for all his hard work in keeping the monthly meets going, welcoming the newcomers, and making sure that all of us follow the rules. Without him these meets would not be possible.

What a nice night last night for the monthly meet. It was nice not to be all bundled up in our snuggies to ward off the chill in the night air. Lots of nice cars and of course all the old school fans to meet up with and see what everyone has been up to.

Yeah it was a perfect night to have a get together. I hate when it's cold and/or misty/raining on us. What a downer those meets are!

I also want to say I didn't know that a 1972 Citroen was a Japanese make,lol. It was an interesting car to check out up close and personal and it is very nice that there are a variety of old school imports starting to show up for a nice bit of diversity.

We welcome all old school imports, so I was glad to see non-Japanese old school cars, so the more the merrier!

Thanks to Mario for all his hard work in keeping the monthly meets going, welcoming the newcomers, and making sure that all of us follow the rules. Without him these meets would not be possible.

Thanks Nick, I apprecite it! :) I'll consider hitting up that Santa Row meet one of these days...although I'll just get jealous of the true exotics!

Are ratsun stickers being sold at these meets? I need to get my Z to one of these meets after i get low!

I usually bring my stickers with me but I can always send you some as well. Just click on the link in my signature for the info or PM me :)

• 3 weeks later...

It was a good meetup tonight! Glad to see you guys out there. I only took a few pics but there were others out there taking more pics (cough cough Gus-Gus cough) but here are the few I took:

c9f5eaf0.jpg

927a536c.jpg

cb797730.jpg

519e9e2d.jpg

364dd87a.jpg

62930f56.jpg

227d6921.jpg