L Series Water Pump Inlet gasket?

Gensaiken

I sware I've gotten one of these gaskets before but now I can't find it listed any where. Where do I find a water pump inlet gasket? This is the pipe inlet sticking off the L series block that the lower radiator hose connects to.

I'd like to know where to get these. I've checked all the local stores and rockauto.com and come up with nothing. :unsure:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what your talking about , the L-Series ( Z engine's that I worked with ) have the same , they were there last time I checked , but I had to look at the pattern really quick before looking for the different ones on RockAuto and are sometimes listed in different category's as well.

I know what your talking about , the L-Series ( Z engine's that I worked with ) have the same , they were there last time I checked , but I had to look at the pattern really quick before looking for the different ones on RockAuto and are sometimes listed in different category's as well.

I figured Z's were the same and checked 240z on rockauto but didn't see it listed. I'm just wondering what else it would be called.

Well that sucks ! My best bet is the "water outlet gasket" ( that has no picture to verify as you already know :mellow: ) I looked at a quick blow up picture of the "Engine Gasket Set" --- but no dice on the other , I have seen them before I guess googling the words might find a company that has a picture and price for ya :D

Well that sucks ! My best bet is the "water outlet gasket" ( that has no picture to verify as you already know :mellow: ) I looked at a quick blow up picture of the "Engine Gasket Set" --- but no dice on the other , I have seen them before I guess googling the words might find a company that has a picture and price for ya :D

I found what you are talking about, this looks like it:

http://shop.oreillyauto.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=VIC&MfrPartNumber=C26076&PartType=144&PTSet=A

Bummer, added it to my cart but it says its NLA. :(

In the fel-pro full gasket set I see the gasket but thats a big $30-40 purchase.

I might have found it. It appears to be part of the L-Series timing cover set. Still kind of expensive for a single gasket.

http://shop.oreillyauto.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=FEL&MfrPartNumber=TCS27155

I think that gasket you're looking at in the timing cover set is for the distributor, I think.

I've always made my own, a sharp knife or a pall peen hammer all you need.

Yeah, I forgot about that one, think you are right. Looks pretty close.

if you just need the one just get some gasket material and make it. super simple.

Yeah, I know. A few places have just handed me that. I'm still searching :P

there in the Felpro "front cover kit" also which is a cheaper purchase.

somebody should have this. ck Carquest this is a common part. I usually never separet the inlets from th front cover any way unless a total rebuild.

Looks like the front cover kit gasket has a gasket that LOOKS like it but some one else pointed out that its for the distributor mount since the inlet doesn't connect to the front cover. It connects to the block. I've been pulling them off and never had trouble with a gasket before but now all of a sudden there are none available...

Fel-Pro water pump gasket # 25569 for L16,L18,L20B,Z20E,Z20S,Z22E,Z22S engines 1968 to 87.

Heh, didn't read the full thread huh? :P Water Pump INLET gasket not the water pump gasket. :lol:

Looks like the front cover kit gasket has a gasket that LOOKS like it but some one else pointed out that its for the distributor mount since the inlet doesn't connect to the front cover. It connects to the block. I've been pulling them off and never had trouble with a gasket before but now all of a sudden there are none available...

Heh, didn't read the full thread huh? :P Water Pump INLET gasket not the water pump gasket. :lol:

sorrry about that, I guess my brain was having fun with me :poke: , at least u got the wp # incase you need it - someday. my bad

I've got the water pump inlet # around here - somewhere. :frantics: might even have the gasket in the box still, me look later..

I believe the Z20, Z22, Z24 inlet gaskets are the same.

I use a round hand held hole punch for making small holes in gaskets. All dollar stores have them. Just trace and start punching it out. Great for starting when using scissors for larger holes. Makes perfect round holes or curves.

Single-Hole-Punch-Machine.jpg