Sawzall party next Jan in San diego~~~!

icon_popcorn.gif Sometime next January i have to get rid of my 69 Datsun 521...ive tried CL a few times & even E bay w/ a friends assitance w/ no luck so im not wasting my time there anymore. On several forums ive been trying to GIVE it away [free] & all i get is people wanting certain parts...hello people its FREE so take it all. So its come down to me needing yard space BAD & it looks like ill have to sawzall it up & toss the pieces. Theres a few parts ill put aside for people i know & wont take up yard space but the rest will go. Im inviting anybody on the forum who wants to come over & help me to stop by. Ill supply the pizza & blades & kool aid biggrin.gif I want this to be a controlled tear down so nobody gets hurt but also fun & a chance to maybe meet new peeps. I know Ben & sparkthrower plan on helping out & if i get a few more people over we can get it done fast. Ill take care of the parts tossing [ i have a secret spot] i just need the some extra sawzalls & grinders ! As it gets closer ill PM anybody interested my adress & directions...hell i know its a longshot anybody will come help but it's worth a shot...c mon guys heres your chance to slice & dice up a truck! Dont worry its in my name & not stolen..ill show u the papers if you like biggrin.gif PS this will take place on a Tuesday & Wednesday [my days off], i know middle of the week & maybe hard for peeps to get off work but thats the plan. Thanks to all for reading this

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, if I lived closer I would've taken the whole thing...

Funny how that is, I don't see that many up here, and down there you guys are giving them away... =P

Actually... are there any parts you'd be willing to send up this way, or is it too much hassle to take them off/pack up/etc?

Funny thing is Omar is who i bought it off several years ago:D OC-As far as pics its hard to get a good one now, its buried in parts & raining today. 73 & Jwilk-Ill deff. PM you guys all the info you need a few weeks out from the date. Ill tell you guys whats missing...engine & trans, driveshaft, gas tank, E brake cables, seat, taillights, exhaust pipe, clutch master & PS front wheel cylinder. If theres anything you guys want [that come down] its yours free, i just dont wanna ship anything.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE! I have a guy coming today or tomorrow to look @ the truck & he MAY take the whole thing. I WILL give him a deadline to take it so i can go ahead w/ the plans to cut it up & have people over to help/eat pizza. UPDATE # 2 - I should be moving here very soon so it REALLY has to go by the end of Jan. Im outside today sorting out parts that are buried in the bed, some go w/ the truck & the rest are spares.

Mark,

A third idea................. It can be brought somehow to Guy's or My place. We, as SWDP, could donate to Makoto, save it until He could have it shipped and it could go to Japan. It would be better than cutting it up, it would be appreciated and Makoto would be stoked that "620 maniacs" would do that for Him! He REALLY wants a LHD 521. Just a suggestion.

Mark. Well, Cayton will be coming to San Diego on February 1st to stay as He leaves Japan for good. I might get there very quickly as surely Terie will want to see Him soon. If it can be placed somewhere until I arrive, I can bring the big trailer and after the visit bring it either to Guys (with His permission, of course) or out here. As You get it more and more ready to be moved whereever it goes, can You take photos of all that goes with it? That way, if We do see to it that Makoto will be getting it, He can see exactly what all will come with it.

Hey Mark,

Talked to Marvin today. Not sure what his time frame is but I think he is still interested. But... I have a question. Do you have all the interior knbs, gaiges and bezels? If so I would love to pick them up... I can give you what you want for them as well.

Mike

I have 2 dash's, 2 or 3 gauge assy's, & 2 or 3 bezels. I pretty much have all the parts in the bed dissassembled so you can mix & match what you need. If not gone by the 28th ill start cutting. Mike- Ill give you a call & give you my thoughts on Makato, i already talked to Guy about it & want your opnion.