dsigh's 1977 Datsun 620

dsigh

Well, today is a good day. I just spoke to the transport company this morning and they have confirmed that they are picking my truck up tomorrow morning from Eugene Oregon and will get it down tomorrow night to Sacramento. I'm excited to say the least. Attached are some pics of how it sits, but many changes will take place over the next week and a half...

0115030102080116132007102528d795071795cb203e00210c_thumb.jpg

01151301020001040520071025bfa6e4c5e3c44155e80069b7_thumb.jpg

011514010212011605200710250c33bb9e2b024ba24400e195_thumb.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats a nice clean 620. What are your plans?

1. Sell the campershell

2. 4" blocks in the rear

3. Crank the torsion bars, a quick fix until I can bag

4. Wheels and tires - 16's

5. Hi-flo cat and Magnaflow

6. Pass CA smog, then look into dual carbs - SU, Weber or Mikuni

7. Possible KA24DE swap

8. LSD

9. Drive the piss out of it!

Well, today is a good day. I just spoke to the transport company this morning and they have confirmed that they are picking my truck up tomorrow morning from Eugene Oregon and will get it down tomorrow night to Sacramento. I'm excited to say the least. Attached are some pics of how it sits, but many changes will take place over the next week and a half...

LEAVE IT AS IS!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

LEAVE IT AS IS!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Trust me on this one. I'm making subtle changes that will preserve the factory "charm." I actually like the hooks, anything that they don't make on trucks today will be saved. In terms of the height, I've never driven anything at the stock stance. EVERYTHING looks better lowered!

I had a canopy much like one on my 521. so for a year I was known as the the "dude with the ugly ass canopy" do yourself a favor and burn ,crushs it,say some one stole it .....just make it go away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

It's already off and I'm looking at the Sawzall...

Happy: It doesn't look like it has lights at all, but those ones you have are usually pretty easy to find. I can't tell if they're domed or flat, but if they're domed then I think GMC uses them as clearance/identification lights on the roofs of their small cab-over trucks. You could call them. Or... Pepboys/NAPA/whatever y'all have down in states should have just lenses for either the domed or flat ones.

Removed and gave away the shell. Tucked the rear license plate up about 5" then removed rear bumper, mud flaps and all body moldings. Torqued the fronts down 2" and installed 4" blocks.

I think I'm getting talked into buying lights and a tree tonight by the boss. So now I'm going to go enjoy a beer while I clean the garage.

IMG_0607_thumb.JPG

IMG_0608_thumb.jpg

Wow, that truck sure cleaned up nicely. Lowering them a little bit sure makes a big difference. And, i like how the license plate looks tucked, so much better. I have done that to every 620 that i have owned. I dont move mine quite that far, only about 3.25". still allows me use the spare tire crank.

Jason

Yea, what this guy in Oregon referred to as "surface rust," is what we call in dry CA full blown patch panel replacement. I need a lot of bodywork done and need to figure out my priorities now. Not to mention I've got a really bad exhaust leak that needs attention asap. I have decided on a paint and color, see below.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/kustomshop/hrf231.aspx

I've got a set of 16" rallies in the garage I was going to have powdercoated black and run whitewalls, but now am considering a set of Tacoma steelies too. We'll see...

Uh oh. I just found a fully bagged rolling 620 that the guy is desperate to sell. He's dumped a ton into this thing including a 4 link in the rear. This seems like a better way to go than cutting up grandpa's vintage '77.

So, I can't have two trucks. And I'll need the cash from my recent purchase to buy #2 project. I'm posting this on Craigslist tonight, asking $2200 OBO.

-Devin

Friday:

My baby rolled in to town this morning just before noon. I removed the campershell this evening and will be installing the rear blocks and cranking the torsion bars tomorrow.

Updated pics of "Powder" to follow. She's just as clean as the pictures!

Sunday:

Removed and gave away the shell. Tucked the rear license plate up about 5" then removed rear bumper, mud flaps and all body moldings. Torqued the fronts down 2" and installed 4" blocks.

I think I'm getting talked into buying lights and a tree tonight by the boss. So now I'm going to go enjoy a beer while I clean the garage.

Sunday night:

Uh oh. I just found a fully bagged rolling 620 that the guy is desperate to sell. He's dumped a ton into this thing including a 4 link in the rear. This seems like a better way to go than cutting up grandpa's vintage '77.

So, I can't have two trucks. And I'll need the cash from my recent purchase to buy #2 project. I'm posting this on Craigslist tonight, asking $2700 OBO.

-Devin

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=2214

$2,700 for a '77 Datsun truck???...to pay for your 'new' flavor of the week truck???