dsigh's 1977 Datsun 620

dsigh

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Devin if its the black one be careful I think it was said that its a 73 kc, I DONT THINK they made a 1973 KC but i could be wrong or he used a vin number off another 620 just make sure its legal dont want you to get F'd when you go to register it

Hey Devin if its the black one be careful I think it was said that its a 73 kc, I DONT THINK they made a 1973 KC but i could be wrong or he used a vin number off another 620 just make sure its legal dont want you to get F'd when you go to register it

No, not the black one in Stockton. After seeing how clean this truck is, one - I feel bad tearing apart something that has been taken care of like this one. and two - if I can find something that already has the bag setup with a 4 link, this will save me a lot of time and money to drop the KA in. This truck now runs great, could use an exhaust gasket, but will run for a long time - a lot of life left. I like this truck, but can't have two here.

D: Just out of curiosity, is the Datsun your only vehicle at the moment, or do you have a daily driver? Do you need a daily? I won't tell you whether or not to get the other truck, but I do suggest you think about it. I know how it is to not want to tear into something that's so old, but nothing lasts forever... life's like that. Few people have issues tearing into cars that are only a couple years old, and in 30 years a clean, unmodified Nissan Frontier or Ford Mustang might be as scarce as a clean Datsun. Maybe I'm commiting blasphemy by saying so, but as far as I know our trucks aren't the most desirable vehicle to come out of the Seventies... I mean hell, it seems a lot of people here own more than one Datsun... I've only had mine for a few months and I'm already considering picking up another... If the rest of the world wanted them as badly as us, they'd be fetching big bucks at collectors auctions, and most of us probably wouldn't be able to afford more than one, if even that. Look at the "museum" 620 in one of the other threads here... what's $6000 for a restored piece of history?

Sorry for the rant... Either way, it seems as if you're going to end up with a Datsun, and that's good enough for me. But, customizing a car is personal... I know that personally I'd much rather start from scratch than continue what someone else left off.

/end rant

Trust me on this one. I'm making subtle changes that will preserve the factory "charm." I actually like the hooks, anything that they don't make on trucks today will be saved. In terms of the height, I've never driven anything at the stock stance. EVERYTHING looks better lowered!

Good for you! Yes! Yet another restoration guy with the proper attitude and direction! We need you ...! :D