Super Street Magazine Features It's First Truck EVER...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

datrod- JW, You and I go back more then 12+ years. Thanks for all the camaraderie over the years and cheers to the next 100+ years... what the heck... I'll be racing you in my walker:sneaky:

]2eDeYe - Thank you for what I was not able to do... The attachment. Feel free to ask me questions on the brakes (PM me if you want). Under hood shot I included in the link (BRE510) attached on page 1.

datzenmike - I think you are correct with the fender badge observation. The production date is 4/72 and as I have researched on the internet, I believe it should have come with the "Datsun 1600" fender badge. It doesn't bother me as it came that way when I bought it.

Again to all thanks for the compliments.

For all of you who find the write up for the feature a bit dramatic... I can't argue but for a guy who is 40 something years old, I already see the generation gap. And yes, I do believe they cater to the younger crowd. However Superstreet asked me if they could feature my truck in their magazine and I was honored and it all happened from the purchase of the wheel. It was not from any car show... Heck, as I say, when opportunity come a knocking, take advantage.

"BRE" ..looks you, steroid and I are the three 620s to have made all three JCCS events...I really thought your truck should have won the first year (instead of the "patrol" that did...) we (you and I have met before though...it was a few years back at a swap meet in the Nissan parking lot...I was still in the process of buildin "Ol Yeller" and my son Ray and I bought a head from you (I almost think it might be the W53 on Ol Yeller now...anyway,...I know I eyeballed your truck for hours that day...sorry....anyway, sure was glad to see you get that spread in the Mag....you surely do deserve it...and let me again congratulate you on the Trophy you won this year...way to go............Look forward to seein ya again........(goin to the Jan 13 Swap meet?)

"OL YELLER" - Yes, I remeber meeting you and your son at the swapmeet. And yes, the W53 on Ol Yeller was the head you bought from me that day. Thank you for the compliments and I look forward to seeing you on the Jan 13th. I have been asked to bring the 510 so not sure if I'll be able to bring the truck.