Izzo got a dime

izzo

Alright..

A while ago i made this post, about where to get the vents. And i was sure to mention that i was asking about the vents, not the hello kitty horn button. Well freaky510 razzed me about the hello kitty button. Then he conspired with my wife without my knowledge and purchased a hello kitty button for fathers day and had it sent to my house :rofl: :rofl: :fu: :fu:

Here's the original post http://community.ratsun.net/topic/22316-whatwhere-to-get-these/page__p__314941__hl__vents__fromsearch__1#entry314941

So... Here it is!!

IMAG0169.jpg

IMAG0174.jpg

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn that engine bay looks nice and hit me up when you want to do the swap I will come over and help.You buy the beer :wink: :wink:

sweet. ill have to get an IR alt on my truck and get it back to seaside. im not working on that shit in rainier again..

took the cowl off and sanded it down some, PO painted it black, and there were chips ALL over it. looked worst than Swiss Cheese! took me a few hours of scrubbing, sanding etc by hand. Dont have a sander that will get in the vents. Its not perfect, but a lot better than it was. I need to swing by harbor freight and pickup one of those sand blaster guns. should turn out a lot better then. Zip tied up some loose wires under the hood and under the dash. washed, n waxed it...

pics in a few minutes.

got kinda hot last week, after it sat for 4 days. Checked the radiator, was low on water. Filled er up, good to go. Driving home today, shit got kinda hot again. probably 3/4 of the way up the temp gauge. Got home, checked water, its full. Not sure what the deal is... I know if its the wire being grounded it will cause it to read full hot right? But i dont think its a ground. The radiator is kinda fucked on it, but doesn't leak.

Fuckit on a bucket eh?

got kinda hot last week, after it sat for 4 days. Checked the radiator, was low on water. Filled er up, good to go. Driving home today, shit got kinda hot again. probably 3/4 of the way up the temp gauge. Got home, checked water, its full. Not sure what the deal is... I know if its the wire being grounded it will cause it to read full hot right? But i dont think its a ground. The radiator is kinda fucked on it, but doesn't leak.

Fuckit on a bucket eh?

check your oil. if mine gets low the engine runs warmer

check your oil. if mine gets low the engine runs warmer

Ya been keeping an eye on it cuz the timing cover leaks a lil bit. can see some spray marks from the wind flinging it back when it drips. But haven't checked it lately. Ill give that a shot thanks man.

Heres the goodies!!

IMAG0201.jpg

z car vents?

Yes sir, i threw up a thread a while back asking about what they came out of. Kelmo straight hooked me up! Thanks Kelmo. These should be installed tomorrow in place of stockers..

Oh, and door handles. I have one in there on the driver door i took off the passenger side so i could close the door easier, but its broke and only one screw holds it to the door, shit just flops around. Carter up in lynnwood gave me these door handles for the price of shipping.

"Z car vents?" Yes actually 370z out of the door panel.

Tim,

Glad you got them, hope they serve your puprose well.

Yes i did! Got them installed monday when they showed up, just now getting a second to upload the pictures. thanks man!

those vents are awesome, gonna look real good. i need to find a set or atleast something similar.

Hey Hacked, they do look badass. Check it out :D

IMAG0203.jpg

IMAG0202.jpg

Also got some arm rests up in there, much better!

IMAG0205.jpg

IMAG0204.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Flushed out the radiator yesterday, some nice rusty water shit came out the bottom of the rad. Hope that helps a lil bit. Think the core might be leaking a little bit. sometimes can smell something like antifreeze when driving, after i drive and stop, its at normal temp but when i come outta the store or w/e theres a lil bit of fog on the window above the heater vent.

Wonder how hard its going to be to get that heater core out and inspect it. Might try that today and get it patched up with some jb weld for the time being pending where its leaking at.