SU odds and ends.

So i checked around at a few places today, none had what i needed.

i found most the stuff at ztherapy but thought i would check to see if anyone had some of this stuff laying around.

so first i need these fuel lines (2 of them)

26554_400678669448_510019448_3801577_3709046_n.jpg

26554_400678679448_510019448_3801578_1726367_n.jpg

and then i need this little spring

26554_400678694448_510019448_3801579_6224726_n.jpg

just a little screw and spring

26554_400678699448_510019448_3801580_3270484_n.jpg

and then some air filters would be cool

26554_400678709448_510019448_3801581_5975417_n.jpg

i know some one has this stuff laying arond. send me a pm im really bad at looking at my part wanted threads.

Ill be sure to post when i find the parts im looking for. thanks

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ah crap :sweat: how in the hell did i do this, can some one move this to the Parts wanted area. :blush:

oh i know how to get mike to see this and move it for me.

Douche Bag

lets see if this works lol

Edited by skunktruckin

I used some rubber fuel line from a motorcycle shop, it was the perfect size, and they even have the little metal spring clamps to hold it on with.

air filters

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/5294-su-air-cleaners-for-a-ratsun-price/

this is the route I am taking

Wow, mesh-71, I'm touched. Send pics when its done. :)

skunktruckin, if I had known you were in need of air filters, say, a week ago, I would have fabbed them up and brought them with me. I have some extra stuff laying around for SUs, but not what you're needing. Sorry :(

For the spring I would recommend going to a hardware store and buying the closest thing that they have. If anything go stiffer, as a little extra throttle resistance never killed anybody, but a stuck throttle certainly has, and I'm sure that the stock linkage doesn't move quite as freely as it once did.

For the spring I would recommend going to a hardware store and buying the closest thing that they have. If anything go stiffer, as a little extra throttle resistance never killed anybody, but a stuck throttle certainly has, and I'm sure that the stock linkage doesn't move quite as freely as it once did.

Agreed. :thumbup:

I think I bought a set of HELP throttle return springs. There was a set that had a couple different sizes and tensions. I curled the one end to fit the heatshield, and away I went.

You can see the springs in the pics from my air cleaner build thread.

Wow, mesh-71, I'm touched. Send pics when its done. :)

skunktruckin, if I had known you were in need of air filters, say, a week ago, I would have fabbed them up and brought them with me. I have some extra stuff laying around for SUs, but not what you're needing. Sorry :(

i didnt know i would have su carbs a week ago.

Question. It would help if we all knew what type of air filters you were thinking about. K&N motorcycle type or roadster or RL411 [they are a different length] type? Tana the Datsun Lady was offering a complete SU intake filter housing with the correct filter last month. Don't know if she got a taker. It looks like you have an early 510 SSS SU pair from the fuel bowls orientation. Other than that, looks like you have a handle on the other parts, Good Luck.

Question. It would help if we all knew what type of air filters you were thinking about. K&N motorcycle type or roadster or RL411 [they are a different length] type? Tana the Datsun Lady was offering a complete SU intake filter housing with the correct filter last month. Don't know if she got a taker. It looks like you have an early 510 SSS SU pair from the fuel bowls orientation. Other than that, looks like you have a handle on the other parts, Good Luck.

i really dont care what kind, i just need cheep.they can be used beat idk.

Buy the right tubing and springs from z therapy. Most of the fuel line you can buy OTC is too stiff. Same with the springs. Too heavy and they tend to fuck up your throttle shaft bushings over time. Buy two sets and carry a spare. I really sucks if you have one break on a road trip. It can cause all kind of havoc.

:o :o :o ohhhh noooooooossssss

kraken.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: ohhhhh yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Kraken-Rum.JPG

Skib, I've noticed you are a little more playful lately. Has that new job allowed you the funds to increasingly indulge in alcohol?

Skib, I've noticed you are a little more playful lately. Has that new job allowed you the funds to increasingly indulge in alcohol?

lol naw, some friends all recently moved so theres been a few house warming partys :lol: its rude to turn down free booze

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.